"LOVELY TOWN ON THE MOSEL RIVER" Top 5 Page for this destination Traben-Trarbach by balhannah

Traben-Trarbach Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 410 photos

A FAVORITE OF MINE!

Traben-Trarbach is now one town, separated by the River Moselle.

Previously, two separate towns known as Treban and Trarbach, since 1904 they have joined to become a city, and the names have been joined together.

In the 17th century the Town was devasted by War, and so today, only two ruin's remain that can be visited.

After the war followed a long period of prosperity in which the city was rebuilt.

The old medieval building's had all been destroyed and in their place sprung up a new Town, built in the Art Nouveau style.

The town has several natural springs and is known as a health resort".

I would like to tell you about more historic building's, but my brochure is only written in German, so I will just put some more photo's in a travelogue.

I really loved this Town and the Art Nouveau architecture!

If you have finished reading these tips and would like to follow my journey along the Mosel River, please click on the town name below

BERNKASTEL KEUS

• In a nutshell:Lots of beautiful Art Noveau building's, a lovely Town!
  • Last visit to Traben-Trarbach: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 26, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Beautiful photos in your tips and travelogues. I have gone through Traben-Trarbach on the train a few times, but never got off to look around.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Sep 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I guess you wouldn't see much from the Train. Both sides of the river are worth seeing, so perhaps you may have to make a stop! Thanks for the visit!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Yes it does look like a champagne bottle. Love the statue outside the tourist office and your hotel looks really lovely. I kinow I would like this town.

• Segolily's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I tried so hard to fit this into our plans, but couldn't. Your descriptions make me want to go back again.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2012 at 7:20 PM

what a great find in that hotel!! we were here in 2009! I will send you a photo of me with my girlfriend from Heidelberg and Colombo, who joined us for a week at a timeshare exchange upriver.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM

a great page about one of my favorite villages in the Mosel-valley ! I missed that Buddha-museum !

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Traben-Trarbach

Have you been to Traben-Trarbach?