"CORTINA d'AMPEZZO & SURROUNDS" Top 5 Page for this destination Cortina d'Ampezzo by balhannah
Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 232 photos
The "Pearl of the Dolomites"
Cortina d’Ampezzo is well known major resort in the Alps, and because of this, plenty of Tourists come here.
I can understand why people want to come, as the Town is located in the pretty Boite valley, surrounded on all sides by majestic Dolomite peaks.
It was in the latter part of the 19th century that tourists finally arrived, and they have been coming back ever since!
Their intention was to climb the Dolomites’ summits, at that stage still virtually untouched by man. Now, there are walking tracks everywhere, and most of us can conquer them one way or another.
It wasn’t until well after World War II that Cortina really took off, the Winter Olympics of 1956 helped put in on the map.
Did you know that much of 1963 classic "The Pink Panther," was filmed in Cortina.
James Bond stunt sequences in 1981's "For Your Eyes Only," gunners on spike-wheeled motorcycles chasing Roger Moore on skis, was filmed on its slopes, as were several scenes in the film "Cliffhanger."
We are now moving onto TARVISIO
- In a nutshell:Beautiful scenery and plenty of good hikes
A walk around the old Town area was quite interesting. I found some lovely old frescoed buildings and others with... more travel advice
Inside the Church, there was more than one Altar, in fact, there were many! They were lovely! The main altar had two... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CORTINA & CADORE"
- "Cortina d'Ampezzo - Darling of the Dolomites"
- "CORTINA d'AMPEZZO & SURROUNDS"
- "CORTINA - JEWEL OF THE DOLOMITES"
- "First visit"
- "how the other half live"
- "Cortina and the Dolomites"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Hotels in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Transportation in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Restaurants in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Warnings and Dangers in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- 10 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Cortina d'Ampezzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cortina d'Ampezzo
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hotels to Add to VT"
- updated a Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Page "CORTINA d'AMPEZZO & SURROUNDS"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Cortina d'Ampezzo travel pages
- Wrote a Review WALK THE OLD TOWN AREA in Cortina d'Ampezzo Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "WALK THE OLD TOWN AREA"
Photos in Cortina d'AmpezzoSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 257 reviews, 752 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues