"GENOA - THE CITY OF BEAUTIFUL CHURCHES" Top 5 Page for this destination Genoa by balhannah
Genoa Travel Guide: 742 reviews and 1,952 photos
It is said to have the largest historic district, "old quarter" in Europe.
Walking around the narrow alley ways, I certainly would believe that.
Genoa is Genova in Italian!
Genoa was the site of EXPO 92 and a 2004 European Culture Capital
REGATTA..... is held the first weekend in June every fourth year.
JAZZ FESTIVAL....In July
The statue "Christ of the Depths", underwater at the bay's entrance, is celebrated at the end of July with a Mass, the illumination of the reefs and a line of underwater torches to show the way to the statue.
Genoa I loved!
Too much to see.......
Too much of interest.......
Too little time......
Would love to return for another couple of days to see all that I missed!
We have returned to the Ship once again, looking forward to a nice Dinner, Dinner show, and a good sleep, before arriving at our next port which is MARSEILLE - FRANCE
Make sure you have a good sleep, as there is some walking to be done tomorrow!
- Pros:Beautiful buildings, architecture and sights!
- Cons:Be careful in the alley ways!
- In a nutshell:Genoa has some of the most beautiful Churches in the World!
In the streets and square located near St. Lorenzo Cathedral, I found many Artist's selling their work. There was all... more travel advice
Castle D'Albertis is now the home of the World culture museum. Located way up the top of Montegalletto hill, we had... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Genoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My hometown, my favourite town!"
- "Genova again"
- "GENOA - THE CITY OF BEAUTIFUL CHURCHES"
- "Genua -to visit Chiara,Paolo & eventually Columbus"
- "pollon's new Genoa Page"
- "Meeting Chiara&Paolo"
- "Ciao Genoa!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Genoa
- Hotels in Genoa
- Transportation in Genoa
- Nightlife in Genoa
- Restaurants in Genoa
- Shopping in Genoa
- Warnings and Dangers in Genoa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Genoa
- 43 Reviews
- 115 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (241)
Have you been to Genoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Genoa
- Posted in Travel Australia and Oceania Forum "Re: Sunshine Coast"
- updated a Genoa Travel Page "GENOA - THE CITY OF BEAUTIFUL CHURCHES"
- Wrote a Review PAINTINGS FOR SALE about Via San Lorenzo and the cathedral in Genoa Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "WALKING THE HISTORIC CENTRE"
- Commented on one of draguza's Genoa travel pages
Photos in GenoaSee All Photos (115)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue