"CAPE JERVIS" Cape Jervis by balhannah
Cape Jervis Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 10 photos
Cape Jervis is where we came to catch the daily car and passenger ferry service to Kangaroo Island.
ENTRANCE POINT TO KANGAROO ISLAND
It takes 45 minutes to cross Backstairs Passage, the strait lying between Cape Jervis on the Australian mainland and the eastern end of Kangaroo Island in South Australia.
Backstairs Passage is notorious for rough seas.
Even if you are not here to catch the Ferry, it's a good spot for a view of Kangaroo Island.
Cape Jervis is a popular with fishermen, and if you haven't your own boat or not fishing from the shore, you can take a fishing charter.
Cape Jervis is on Tourist Route 52 and is part of the Fleurieu Way Tourist Drive.
DAY TRIP 8 FROM ADELAIDE......
After looking across to Kangaroo Island, and spending some time in Cape Jervis, it is time to head back to Adelaide, via a different road to VICTOR HARBOR.
On our 11,500kms road trip, we go to KANGAROO ISLAND for a few days, before returning back to here to continue on our journey.
- In a nutshell:Nice surrounding scenery
Ngurunderi IS one of the great ancestral Dreaming 'heroes' of the Aboriginal Ngarrindjeri people. At Cape Jervis, you... more travel advice
Cape Jervis is where you come to catch the SeaLink Ferry. The ferry service operates daily (except Christmas Day)... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Cape Jervis Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cape Jervis
- 4 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Cape Jervis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Jervis
Photos in Cape JervisSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues