"Sapa 7/3/08 to 10/3/08" Top 5 Page for this destination Sapa by balhannah
Sapa Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 821 photos
I booked the Friendly train for my trip to Sapa on the internet.
A taxi arrived at my Hotel and picked me up and took me to the Train
Station. The driver took me to the correct Train and showed me my
Carriage. It was quite OK.
It was my first time in a overnight train. There are 4 bunks, each with a
number. Mine was the top bunk, lucky for me, a nice Dutch man offered to
take the top bunk, and I could have his low one. I don't know how I would
have got up the top, it was a different set-up to our Trains back home!
The bed was comfortable, and alongside you have a lamp and a small
table. The toilets are putrid. They are not flushed for the whole trip, so you
can imagine the stench. Also, I had a massive head-ache from the Diesel
fumes, it was terrible!
When I arrived at the Lao Cai station, I just followed the mob. If you aren't
on a tour, I wasn't, there are plenty of people wanting to take you to Sapa
from the Lao Cai station, its about 11/2 hour trip, to Sapa.
Sapa wasn't very exciting in my eyes! The weather wasn't good and my
Hotel was the "pits!" It has lots of hotels, eateries and travel agents and
seemed to be the place to stay and do trips from here. I didn't find much
of interest here, even the Market wasn't that interesting.
The Black H'Mong wander the streets and try to sell you
Be aware in Sapa, that because of the high level of Tourist's you may be
ripped off, some of you will not even realize it if you haven't done your
The road to Sapa from Lao Cai is very scenic as we travelled up and
over a mountainous pass.
- Pros:Scenery around Sapa is scenic
- Cons:Sapa was in fog. Road to Bac Ha blocked by landslide
- In a nutshell:A tourist place for beginning treks and tours
This is not a danger but it is a warning. I booked my ticket for a sleeper to Sapa, and when shown my cabin and bunk, to... more travel advice
This is a good market to go to, to see the Flower H'Mong people in their beautiful clothes. It is on the same road as... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Sapa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Annd Now For Something Completey DIFFERENT :o]"
- "Sapa 7/3/08 to 10/3/08"
- "Sa Pa - Insight into Ethnic Minorities of Vietnam"
- "Sapa, all the world's a stage..."
- "Watching clouds rolling by in Sapa"
- "Trekking in Sapa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sapa
- Hotels in Sapa
- Transportation in Sapa
- Nightlife in Sapa
- Restaurants in Sapa
- Shopping in Sapa
- Warnings and Dangers in Sapa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sapa
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Sapa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sapa
Photos in SapaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 92 reviews, 306 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (257)
Latest Sapa hotel reviews
- Cat Cat View Hotel
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Cha Pa Garden Boutique Hotel & Spa
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Chau Long Hotel
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Topas Ecolodge
- 261 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Sapa Rooms boutique hotel
- 424 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Sapa Summit Hotel
- 169 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Sapa Eden Hotel
- 259 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Pinocchio Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Sapa Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 12, 2013
- Lotus Hotel
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Royal Hotel
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Mountain View Hotel
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 1, 2013
- Sapa Global Hotel
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 17, 2013
- Sapa Goldsea Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Bamboo Sapa Hotel
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013