"Sapa 7/3/08 to 10/3/08" Top 5 Page for this destination Sapa by balhannah
Sapa Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 849 photos
I booked the Friendly train for my trip to Sapa on the internet.
A taxi arrived at my Hotel and picked me up and took me to the Train
Station. The driver took me to the correct Train and showed me my
Carriage. It was quite OK.
It was my first time in a overnight train. There are 4 bunks, each with a
number. Mine was the top bunk, lucky for me, a nice Dutch man offered to
take the top bunk, and I could have his low one. I don't know how I would
have got up the top, it was a different set-up to our Trains back home!
The bed was comfortable, and alongside you have a lamp and a small
table. The toilets are putrid. They are not flushed for the whole trip, so you
can imagine the stench. Also, I had a massive head-ache from the Diesel
fumes, it was terrible!
When I arrived at the Lao Cai station, I just followed the mob. If you aren't
on a tour, I wasn't, there are plenty of people wanting to take you to Sapa
from the Lao Cai station, its about 11/2 hour trip, to Sapa.
Sapa wasn't very exciting in my eyes! The weather wasn't good and my
Hotel was the "pits!" It has lots of hotels, eateries and travel agents and
seemed to be the place to stay and do trips from here. I didn't find much
of interest here, even the Market wasn't that interesting.
The Black H'Mong wander the streets and try to sell you
Be aware in Sapa, that because of the high level of Tourist's you may be
ripped off, some of you will not even realize it if you haven't done your
The road to Sapa from Lao Cai is very scenic as we travelled up and
over a mountainous pass.
- Pros:Scenery around Sapa is scenic
- Cons:Sapa was in fog. Road to Bac Ha blocked by landslide
- In a nutshell:A tourist place for beginning treks and tours
This is not a danger but it is a warning. I booked my ticket for a sleeper to Sapa, and when shown my cabin and bunk, to... more travel advice
This is a good market to go to, to see the Flower H'Mong people in their beautiful clothes. It is on the same road as... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Sapa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Annd Now For Something Completey DIFFERENT :o]"
- "Sapa 7/3/08 to 10/3/08"
- "Sa Pa - Insight into Ethnic Minorities of Vietnam"
- "Sapa, all the world's a stage..."
- "Watching clouds rolling by in Sapa"
- "Trekking in Sapa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sapa
- Hotels in Sapa
- Transportation in Sapa
- Nightlife in Sapa
- Restaurants in Sapa
- Shopping in Sapa
- Warnings and Dangers in Sapa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sapa
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Sapa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sapa
Photos in SapaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues