"MARLBOROUGH COUNTRY!" Blenheim by balhannah
Blenheim Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 71 photos
Blenheim is named after the Battle of Blenheim (1704), where troops led
by John Churchill, 1st Duke of Marlborough defeated a combined French
and Bavarian force
Has the tital of 'ONE OF THE SUNNIEST TOWNS IN NEW ZEALAND!",
a title worth remembering perhaps if you have struck, cold & wet weather!
Hot, relatively dry summers and crisp winters.
Blenheim is situated in the Marlborough region of New Zealand on the
north east corner of the South Island. The area which surrounds the town
is well known as a centre of New Zealand's wine industry.
Blenheim's attractions include its wine industry, plenty of them to choose
The town is situated in a good position because nearby,
you can go swimming with dolphins in the Marlborough Sounds,
watching whales in Kaikoura, as well as scenic boat cruising, fishing,
water-skiing and kayaking. .
Located 35kms down the coast from Blenheim, a large shallow lake has ponds that develop a deepening pink colour during... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Blenheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sun and Wine for all"
- "Sauvignon Capital of the World"
- "MARLBOROUGH COUNTRY!"
- "stay at Koanui Backpackers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blenheim
- Hotels in Blenheim
- Transportation in Blenheim
- Restaurants in Blenheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blenheim
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (264)
Have you been to Blenheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blenheim
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 740 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 164 reviews, 317 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues