"AN AMAZING SIGHT!" Mont Saint Michel by balhannah

Mont Saint Michel Travel Guide: 304 reviews and 1,005 photos

Mont St. Michel, nothing prepares you for your 1st sighting, and later, the sheer size!

After reading these pages, if you wish to continue your journey through France with me, please click on the link for the next Town.

DOMFRONT and BAGNOLES-DE-L-ORNE

• Pros:An interesting religious site
  • Cons:Lots and Lots of steps to the top
  • In a nutshell:Wow!
  • Last visit to Mont Saint Michel: May 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 23, 2012

• jojes's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Beautiful pictures. They take me back to the time we've been there a coulpe of years ago.
    Absolutely worth visiting again.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I must say like Giampiero, wow, what an amazing place.

• giampiero6's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Wow. Magnificent pics!

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2012 at 3:19 PM

It's been many, many years since I visited Mont St. Michel. Thanks for all the great pictures which remind me of how unique it is. Ironically there is a similar place named St. Michael's Mount near Cornwall, England that looks so similar!

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I so want to go here! Did you buy a gargoyle?

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2012 at 5:31 AM

I have always wanted to see Mont St Michel but to date have never made it here. it looks very busy but I can see why, as it's a spectacular place! I have never seen gargoyles for sale before - were you tempted ot buy one?!! I love the views from the West Terrace, and the distant view of the Mont itself :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Wow, the views from the distance are quite spectacular, especially with the land and the hay balls in front! Haha, laughed about the gargoyles for sale, I might.... consider :-) Lovely cloister yes and I find it fascinating how they got the goods up the hill!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2011 at 4:30 AM

A place Ive always wanted to see but never got around to. This looks excellent!

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 1:33 AM

That's a great place to visit. I only visited its equivalent - St Michael's Mount in Cornwall. But there the causeway gets flooded and then you have to take a boat to get to the castle. Loved your pictures!

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Nice assembly of pics and tips of the Mount Dee, well done.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Mont Saint Michel

Have you been to Mont Saint Michel?

Latest Activity in Mont Saint Michel