"MOST BEAUTIFUL PART OF NORTHERN AUSTRALIA" Kakadu National Park by balhannah
Kakadu National Park Travel Guide: 274 reviews and 971 photos
Kakadu, it can be reached via the Arnhem Highway from Darwin, (130 kms) or the Kakadu Highway from Pine Creek. We went in one way and out the other.
Kakadu is old, 2 Billion years old. You will see all types of landscapes, tidal plains, floodplains, hills, sandstone cliffs, rivers, creeks, billabongs, gorges, monsoon forests, eucalypt forests, and excellent Aboriginal paintings
In the limited time we were there, we managed to visit UBIRR ROCK. This rock overlooks the East Alligator River floodplains and sunsets are meant to be good, we didn't see a very good one. The rock paintings are excellent, and the scenery great.
NOURLANGIE ROCK, another nice walk, with more rock art and more great scenery.
ANBANGBANG BILLABONG, because we were in the dry season, there wasn't a lot of water and hardly any birdlife, quite a pretty spot though.
YELLOW WATERS, we did the last cruise of the day and it was wonderful. Birdlife, and Saltwater Crocodiles in a very peaceful setting. We saw a Huge Crocodile, one the Ranger hadn't seen before, and the biggest she had seen, MASSIVE! wouldn't want to fall into the water.
This was one of my favorite spots in Kakadu.
We also had time to have a look at the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural centre at yellow Waters.
The best, was last, a flight over Kakadu, absolutely FANTASTIC!
This is one park that we will definitely be returning to, when we have more time to stay longer, and nearer the wet season, to see it in a different way.
Its one amazing place,
A MUST VISIT IF YOU CAN WHEN IN AUSTRALIA
This lodge is located on the edge of Jabiru township. There is all types of accommodation, including 13 self contained... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Kakadu National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kakadu and Arnhem Land with "VT Survivor""
- "Kakadu National Park"
- "Darwin Survivor Outback Trip 2008"
- "Magnificent Wetlands - Birdlife, Crocodiles"
- "Kakadu National Park - Australia's Best"
- "Kakadu National Park"
- "Kakadu National Park - A Special Place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kakadu National Park
- Hotels in Kakadu National Park
- Transportation in Kakadu National Park
- Restaurants in Kakadu National Park
- Shopping in Kakadu National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Kakadu National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kakadu National Park
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (264)
Have you been to Kakadu National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kakadu National Park
- Posted in Travel Gold Coast Forum "Re: Gold Coast and Brisbane..."
- Commented on one of aussirose's Kakadu National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Great reasonably priced Lodge &... in Kakadu National Park Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great reasonably priced Lodge & campground"
- updated a Kakadu National Park Travel Page "MOST BEAUTIFUL PART OF NORTHERN AUSTRALIA"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 740 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 164 reviews, 317 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues