Picton Transportation Tips by balhannah
Picton Transportation: 11 reviews and 18 photos
To get to the North Island with our camper van, it meant catching the Interislander ferry. We made sure we arrived the night before, stayed in the caravan park ( which was rather full) and were reading for departure the next day.
The ferry crosses the Cook Strait between the North and South Islands of New Zealand. The 92 km, three hour journey between Wellington and Picton is quite a nice one.
Interislander operates three ships to carry both passengers and their vehicles in a safe, comfortable journey across the strait. There are up to 11 sailings a day, so plenty of sailing times to choose from.
Please check the website for all the up to date information.
More Reviews (2)
balhannah's Related Pages
Picton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A crossroads for Ferry Travellers"
- "Pretty Picton"
- "Picton, gateway to the South Island of New Zealand"
- "Ferry Interesting"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Picton
- Hotels in Picton
- Transportation in Picton
- Restaurants in Picton
- Warnings and Dangers in Picton
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cook Forest State Park Hotels
- Goa Hotels
- Los Angeles Hotels
- Monmouth Beach Hotels
- La Spezia
- Laoag City
- Marigondon Hotels
Badges & Stats in Picton
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (220)
Have you been to Picton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Picton
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 83 reviews, 268 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (256)
Latest Picton hotel reviews
- Yacht Club Hotel Picton
- 257 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Tourist Court Motels
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Picton Lodge Backpackers
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- The Villa Backpackers Lodge
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery and Arts Centre
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013