"BIRTHPLACE OF WILLIAM THE CONQUERER" Falaise by balhannah
Falaise Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 33 photos
FALAISE - LOWER NORMANDY
Was the birth place of William the Conqueror.
His father was Robert the Magnificent, Duke of Normandy.
As the story goes, he saw a Tanner's daughter doing her washing in a stream at Falaise. Her name was Arlette, and she was to become his mistress.
In 1027, she gave birth to William.
SEE & DO
See the old town, it really is lovely walking around the narrow streets.
We visited the Castle, saw the Church and William the Conqueror's impressive statue.
After reading these pages, if you wish to continue your journey through France with me, please click on the link for the next Town. FOUGERE'S
- Pros:Lovely old buildings
- In a nutshell:Like a step back in time
Pont D'Ouilly is a lovely small town 18kms from Falaise. We stopped here on our way from Falaise to Flers. It is... more travel advice
Located outside Falaise Castle entrance is a very impressive statue of Wiiliam the Conqueror surrounded by the six... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Falaise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BIRTHPLACE OF WILLIAM THE CONQUERER"
- "Birthplace of William the Conqueror"
- "Hilltop Fortress"
- "Welcome to Falaise"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Falaise
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (245)
Have you been to Falaise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Falaise
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 242 reviews, 692 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 121 reviews, 414 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues