"FLOWERS & MORE FLOWERS - THIS IS GIVERNY" Top 5 Page for this destination Giverny by balhannah

Giverny Travel Guide: 148 reviews and 530 photos

Say "Giverny," and what pops into your mind if you know a little about France?

I bet it is "Monet's garden," as this is what most people come to Giverny for.

I feel Giverny had more to offer than just Monet's garden.

I found it to be a "Flower lover's delight!"

Many Festival's are held throughout the year, but in September, the big Giverny Festival is held.

We came to Giverny, and we enjoyed Giverny!

After reading these tips, to continue the tour through France with me, please click on link for the next town visited.... LES ANDELY'S

• Pros:A village full of flowers
  • Cons:Hard to find a carpark, very busy even in "off season"
  • In a nutshell:As pretty as a picture
  • Last visit to Giverny: May 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 25, 2013

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Everything was blooming so nicely while you were there! As I usually travel later in the year I don't get to see this:(
    Especially loved the great shots of the water garden and the reflections. Quite a lovely setting for moody stuff like Monets:)

Oct 29, 2013 at 1:52 AM

The water garden is where he painted one of his great paintings. I think you would be surprised at what would be flowering if you went there. I think they have a list on what is flowering in each month, that's if I remember right!

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I am a huge Monet fan! I would definitely love to visit.

Oct 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM

I think anytime of the year would be nice. I have seen photo's in the different seasons, so I guess you choose what flowers you would most like to see. I loved it here!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Recently I visited (more exactly revisited) with VT friend Nemorino, not only connoisseur of music but also paintings, the Musée d'Orsay and saw, of course, a number of paintings showing Giverny.
    Now, between us, I prefer the paintings to the real present garden.

Sep 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Perhaps it depends on the season and the style of garden. For sure, this type of garden isn't everybodys taste. Thanks for the visit!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I always admire Monet paintings, and you were in the nucleus. Great greenery for sure

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Outstanding photos!!! Just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing all the interesting information gathered on your visit to this lovely place!!

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM

And thank-you for visiting. Even the worst photographer could take a beautiful photo here!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Oh, how lovely - adore Monet :)

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to see in each season. I wonder what one would be the prettiest. I loved the pond area.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
      Mar 7, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Yes, it would be nice to see in each season :)

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Wonderful, Dee. This is a place we keep going back to and have seen it in April, July and September. Each time it is different but loveley. Indeed a flower feast for the eyes. We once saw a cat there and I can't resist what I tell people about it: it's name is Declawed Monet. Hahah.

• TheaIren's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Aaah!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2012 at 10:02 PM

As I have said before Dee, if there is a flower to be found, you will find it. I must get to Monet's garden some day.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I too love gardens to be a bit untidy and more natural looking. This one is delightful, though would be maybe even more so with fewer visitors (impossible though, I know!) And that mill is so pretty too :-)

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Giverny

Have you been to Giverny?

Latest Activity in Giverny