"Where "The legendary PHAR LAP" WAS BORN" Top 5 Page for this destination Timaru by balhannah
Timaru Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 140 photos
A easy 2 hours drive from Christchurch and you are at Timaru. Its located on Caroline Bay, which is very popular with New Zealanders because of its sandy, safe beach.
The Information Centre is located at 2 George Street.
It was a Whaling station for a litte while in 1838, and later, sheep were introduced.
The Trevor Griffiths Rose garden is located at the foot of the Timaru Piazza, near Caroline Bay. Trevor spent more than 50 years creating the World's third largest collection of old Roses at his Nursery near Temuka. There are a series of steps to walk down from the top to the bottom.
The Botanic gardens also has a good display of Roses.
In November, the "Timaru Festival of Roses" is held.
Our drive to the Lake started off very good, but by the time we reached Lake Tekapo, the weather was not the best. The... more travel advice
I love gardening, and I love my Roses, and here at Timaru, there is the beautiful Trevor Griffiths Rose Garden on... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Timaru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Roses, Beaches, Heritage and Carnival"
- "MY HOME TOWN!"
- "Where "The legendary PHAR LAP" WAS BORN"
- "Timaru - My Home Town"
- "Timaru and surronding areas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Timaru
- Hotels in Timaru
- Transportation in Timaru
- Nightlife in Timaru
- Restaurants in Timaru
- Shopping in Timaru
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Timaru
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (220)
Have you been to Timaru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Timaru
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 83 reviews, 268 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue