Batemans Bay Warnings Or Dangers Tips by balhannah Top 5 Page for this destination
Batemans Bay Warnings and Dangers: 3 reviews and 2 photos
The Kings Highway, which I have previously mentioned is a very scenic drive, is also a road with a high amount of accidents. In part, you travel on high, Mountainous road, in good condition, all the driver needs to do, is drive to the condition of the road.
Don't speed, it is NOT A ROAD FOR SPEED.
Casualty crash rates on the Kings Highway are 85% higher than the NSW average and road fatalities are 8% higher.
877 crashes were recorded on Kings Highway over a 10-year period, an average of about one crash every four days. Over this time there have been 24 fatal crashes, 355 crashes resulting in injury and 488 crashes resulting in property damage.
The most common type of crash – 18% of all incidents – was when a vehicle leaves the road to the left on a right hand bend and crashes into a stationary object.
Head-on collisions made up one in 10 of all crashes and crashes occurred most frequently on Sundays (20%)
DRIVE THE ROAD, BUT DO TAKE CARE
Watch out for Wombats
This scenic drive passes up and over the Great Dividing Range, through lots of Forest, an area where lots of Australian wildlife like to live.
Wildlife is around, especially in the mornings, evenings and at night.
It was sad to see two dead Wombats within 500metres, and also two dead Echidnas, and plenty of Kangaroo's.
balhannah's Related Pages
Batemans Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EUROBODALLA COAST - BATEMANS BAY"
- "Batemans Bay"
- "Batemans Bay"
- "Where I now live..."
- "Murramarang Resort near Batemans Bay"
- "Sleepy town on the Bay"
- "BATEMANS BAY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Batemans Bay
- Hotels in Batemans Bay
- Transportation in Batemans Bay
- Restaurants in Batemans Bay
- Shopping in Batemans Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Batemans Bay
- See All...
Explore the World
- Calauan Hotels
- Beaver Brook Hotels
- Boynton Beach Hotels
- Royal Leamington Spa
- Ao Luk Hotels
- Lodz Warnings and Dangers
- People to Avoid
- Kiruna Warnings and Dangers
- Ciudad del Carmen Warnings and Dangers
- Grand Bahama Island Warnings and Dangers
- Libya Warnings and Dangers
- Chongqing Warnings and Dangers
- Nanjing Warnings and Dangers
- Portsmouth Warnings and Dangers
- Dnipropetrovsk Warnings and Dangers
- Karlstad Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Batemans Bay
- 13 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Batemans Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batemans Bay
Photos in Batemans BaySee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Batemans Bay hotel reviews
- Coachhouse Marina Resort
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Comfort Inn Mariners (31 Orient Street.)
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- Bay Waters Inn
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Bridge Motel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- The Esplanade Motor Inn
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 14, 2013