"BEAUTIFUL - HISTORIC - BATHURST" Top 5 Page for this destination Bathurst by balhannah
Bathurst Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 259 photos
Bathurst is a city full of history, gorgeous heritage buildings, about the goldrush days, bushrangers, beautiful parks and gardens, the Mount Panorama car racing circuit, and much, much more........
It is located on the Macquarie river, 207kms or approx 2.5hours from Sydney.
If you haven't a car, then you can get here by Air, Coach or Rail.
It is a city that holds many Festivals and Events, every month there is something on........
Some events are............
Wattle Flat Bronze Thong, Rodeos, Royal Bathurst show, Autumn colours, Highland gathering & fete, Begonias in bloom, Motor Festival, Arts festivals, Bathurst 1000 car race, Wine show, and at Christmas time, Carols by candlelight.
Bathurst has 4 distinct seasons, sometimes in one day!
SUMMER is December, January, February..........
a great time for water skiing on Chifley Dam, and the stone fruit that is grown in the area, is in Season, pick up some at a roadside stall.
AUTUMN is March, April, May................
And its getting cooler, the leaves are changing colour, such a pretty time with all the beautiful brightly coloured autumn leaves. The Begonias are in bloom too!
Grapes are being picked, need some extra money, become a Grape picker!
WINTER is June, July, August..........
Bathurst gets cold, the temperature drops and its time for the winter woolies and to snuggle up infront of a wood fire.
SPRING is September, October, November...............
What a pretty time of the year this is, with Roses, trees in blossom, flowers in the gardens, the smell of scent in the air, and lots of open gardens, spring is beautiful.
Of course, it is also the time that they hold the Bathurst 1000 V8 Motor car race, and the cities population swells dramatically.
BATHURST...1851….GOLD IS DISCOVERED…
THE QUIET SETTLEMENT BECOMES A BOOM TOWN
Come and visit and see the colonial buildings with their beautiful lace verandahs.
There is plenty to see and do, the surrounding countryside is pretty, and there are interesting old and new towns nearby.
- Pros:Lots of history and plenty of interest
- In a nutshell:More than the Bathurst 1000 car race of interest in this City
The building of this Dam commenced in 1947, and wasn't completed until 1956. The Dam, named after a Prime Minister of... more travel advice
Located in the main street of Historic Rockley, is the Mill, a red brick building that was built in 1864. It is now the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Bathurst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL - HISTORIC - BATHURST"
- "Bathurst 1000 : Cars, Races & great architecture"
- "Bathurst - is there something else other than cars"
- "More than Mount Panorama"
- "Bathurst....the town full of life"
- "Bathurst 1000"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bathurst
- Hotels in Bathurst
- Transportation in Bathurst
- Nightlife in Bathurst
- Restaurants in Bathurst
- Shopping in Bathurst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bathurst
- 33 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (480)
Have you been to Bathurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bathurst
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues