"BEAUDESERT" Beaudesert by balhannah
Beaudesert Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 26 photos
The town of Beaudesert is located to the south of Brisbane, and can be found by following the Mount Lindesay Highway from Brisbane.
Beaudesert is the hub of the surrounding communities of, Kooralbyn, Rathdowney, Canungra, Jimboomba and Tamborine Mountain.
From 1886 to 1996, the railway line followed the outskirts of the Brisbane suburb of Bethania to Beaudesert to serve the meat packing plant on the edge of town. This line closed, but was later opened as a historic Train ride for Tourist's. Unfortunately, this did not work out either, and the line closed permanently in 2004.
Beaudesert is part of the beautiful SCENIC RIM, and the western gateway to the Gold Coast hinterland.
Located in a very beautiful area of the Queensland, you find you are in Dairy Cattle country, there are many Horse stud's, rolling hill's, pristine river's, Dam's for water sport's, lot's of mountain's for bushwalking, and historic town's.
Beaudesert is one of Australia’s equestrian capitals and has its own Race course and Polo field's. Horseback riding and tours are available for those that are interested in seeing the countryside in this way.
The current population of Beaudesert is over 5,000 citizens and growing fast!
The National Parks that have been developed not far from Beaudesert are spectacular. The rugged and wonderful Mt. Barney, is just one of many in the area.
Come and discover the hidden gem of Beaudesert and enjoy the rustic rural life of this beautiful area.
If you have been my virtual companion on our 11,500km road trip to Southern Australia, I do hope you have enjoyed yourself, and found some great places to visit yourself. This concludes a very good holiday where we saw many new places and excellent scenery. Now, it is back to BRISBANE and I guess, sometime in the future I will be planning another adventure.
- In a nutshell:Nice country town set in a scenic area!
I guess you are wondering why a tip about a sawmill. The answer is, because this is part of the history of... more travel advice
It does get quite hot in this area in Summer, but no worries, Beaudesert has an Olympic size Swimming Pool. It is under... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Beaudesert Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Beaudesert
- 8 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (241)
Have you been to Beaudesert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beaudesert
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue