"BEAUTIFUL BOONAH!" Boonah by balhannah
Boonah Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 73 photos
HEART OF THE SCENIC RIM
Boonah is located about an hours drive from Brisbane, or 11/2 hours from the Gold Coast.
At the roundabout heading into town, take the road that goes up the hill past the units for nice views of the town and countryside. In Summer, everything would be lovely and green.
For more info on this beautiful part of Queensland, that we absolutely love and visit quite often, see their website: www.boonahtourism.org.au
CHECK OUT THE SCENIC LOCATIONS!
Lake Moogerah(water skiing, water sports, fishing, picnic areas, camping)
Maroon Dam(water skiing, water sports, picnic area, often Kangaroos)
Mount French, (rock climbing, beautiful countryside views) Bush walking.
This link will take you to these places listed above
Templin Historical museum, Dairy cattle, Rose farm, Vineyards, Lavendar farm, Antique shops, Art galleries, Craft shops, Delightful hotels and more.........
Plenty of accommodation is available in the area.
Try gliding at the Boonah Gliding Club.
For more info: www.boonahgliding.com.au
Visit the Boonah Saturday Country Market 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month at Springlea Park
Go for a drive on any of the backroads around Boonah for the most beautiful views of the countryside. This is the Fassifern Valley and its a very rich agricultural area, mainly know for Carrots and Potatoes.
This area is a hidden gem, find it, explore it, and enjoy, we as locals certainly do
Nearly at then end of our 11,500km southern Australia holiday. Just one more town,BEAUDESERT and then home.
- Pros:Delightful country town in a scenic setting
- In a nutshell:Plenty for the adventurer to do here!
The Australian Hotel, one of Boonah's old Hotels [est 1888], is located in the main street. Outside, there was a... more travel advice
TEMPLIN Historical Village is easy to find, as it is located alongside the main road. This is a rural museum which... more travel advice
Written Mar 21, 2010
SCENERY AROUND BOONAH
Written Jun 13, 2010
SCENERY AROUND BOONAH
balhannah's Related Pages
Boonah Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Boonah
- 15 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (241)
Have you been to Boonah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boonah
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue