"BEAUTIFUL BRIBIE!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bribie Island by balhannah
Bribie Island Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 108 photos
A popular destination for Brisbaner's
Bribie Island, a 34km sand island, is located in the north-western area of Moreton Bay.
From the mainland cross over the tranquil waters of the Pumicestone Passage.
Bribie has quite a few retiree's living there, and who could blame them, I wouldn't mind retiring there either!
Major areas are Bellara (where the majority of shops are),as well as Bongaree and Woorim.
The island is a popular destination for a daytrip from Brisbane and for longer holidays.
We have our own Caravan, so stay at the waterfront, Bongaree Caravan Park.
There is a huge variety of accommodation from holiday units, motels, b&bs, guesthouses, tourist parks and camping areas to choose from, book during holiday times.
A WATERSPORTS MECCA
The Pumicestone Passage is a great spot for windsurfing, sailing and boating. Usually the waters are quiet, as they are protected from the stronger winds.
Bribie Island is a great spot for marine animal viewing, cycling, scuba diving, has safe family swimming and surf beaches.
Fort Bribie lies at the northern tip of Bribie Island, about 25km along the beach from Woorim. It was constructed at the outbreak of World War 2 as a part of the defence of Moreton Bay
The Pumicestone National Park has all the conveniences for picnickers and overnight campers at Mission Point which is located on a white sandy beach
Sandstone Point – Spinnaker Sound Marina - The marina has a boat ramp, and boat and jet ski hire
•Woorim Ocean Beach for.......... Surfing, swimming and fishing.
Woorim is patrolled by Bribie Island Surf Life Saving Club. The beach has wheelchair access. 4WD access to beach but a permit is required.
Watch for dolphins
•White Patch - Safe swimming, fishing, walking, BBQ and sheltered picnic area.
Dogs permitted on a leash
•Sylvan Beach - The beach provides safe swimming, a boat ramp, and good fishing.
There is boat hire, a BBQ area, a picnic area, a playground, and toilets, the is also disabled facilities provided
•Red Beach - Great Fishing and scenic walking tracks.
Dogs allowed on leash; dogs off leash from car park to Woody Point
•Bongaree Beach - Safe swimming, jetty and boat ramp and playground, sheltered picnic areas walking and toilets
Bribie is one of my favorites, it may be one of yours if you pay it a visit!
- Pros:Nice beaches close to Brisbane
- Cons:very busy in holiday times
- In a nutshell:Close to Brisbane, yet feels miles & miles away!
Our stay at the Beachmere Caravan park was enjoyable! It should be even better now, as they were upgrading the grounds... more travel advice
On the way to Bribie Island, stop at one of the road side stalls. When I saw Pineapples for 10cents, and farm fresh,... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Bribie Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL BRIBIE!"
- "A quiet relaxing place"
- "Weekend at Bribie"
- "BEAUTIFUL BRIBIE"
- "Bribie Island - an hour away from the big smoke"
- "Bribie Island Has Two Sides"
- "Bribie Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bribie Island
- Hotels in Bribie Island
- Transportation in Bribie Island
- Nightlife in Bribie Island
- Restaurants in Bribie Island
- Shopping in Bribie Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Bribie Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bribie Island
- 12 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Bribie Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bribie Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues