Caboolture Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 93 photos

Come for a visit, it isn't far from Brisbane......

Caboolture is about 40 minutes north from Brisbane. There is a nice park in the town with a large lake and fountain.

Nearby is the Abbey Museum of Art and Archaeology which has a collection of priceless antiques and art from up to 250 000 years ago.

Is Cabooltures Historical village which features a collection of more than 70 buildings and over 11,000 items.

The Markets are held every Sunday at the Showgrounds - 500 + stalls.

There a plenty of accommodation places, good restaurants, and a good Train service if you haven't a car.

Well, this is our last stop on our 10 day holiday to Hervey Bay & Maryborough. Now, its on the highway and to home!

I hope you enjoyed your virtual holiday along the Fraser Coast, and North & South Burnett regions of Queensland.

• Pros:Great markets!
  • Cons:Busy town
  • In a nutshell:A must see heritage village!
  • Last visit to Caboolture: Aug 2015
  • Intro Updated Aug 31, 2015

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM

This is such a lovely place - no wonder that they got the VT-decal :)

• Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Good additional tips!

• Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2015 at 2:13 AM

Beautiful page!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Aug 21, 2015 at 2:07 PM

Thanks Oleg! Have just been there again for a wonderful morning tea.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Nice page on Caboolture! I was so engrossed in your tales that I forgot to look at the photos, those were really nice too! These museum towns are nice to wander through. Thanks Dee for the tour.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Aug 8, 2015 at 10:19 PM

I love them Linda! This one is exceptional. This is one of my favourite pages, I think I will have to change my homepage around all the time as I have too many favorites.
      Thanks for visiting!

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Hi Dee, I really enjoyed reading about your visit to the historic village! It sounds like a great day out. How nice that you could revive some memories from your childhood! Also great to see that Caboolture can be reached by train from Brisbane. And I never heard of the Yowie before!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2012 at 4:46 PM

What a lovely page, Dee, and what rules female teachers had to follow, eh!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I just love historic villages like this Dee. They are a treasure! Excellent page!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Dee, fabulous page with gorgeous photos of this gem of Queensland. I must admit that I have never heard about Caboolture before.

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Great introduction to Australia's past, and great that so much is in one spot.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Caboolture looks like a very interesting place in which to experience what life was like in the 'old' days! I enjoy poking around in places like this too. Loved the Barrumundi meal description - been a while since I've had one of those!

balhannah Visits Here Frequently!

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Caboolture

Have you been to Caboolture?