"CALOUNDRA BY THE SEASIDE!" Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra by balhannah
Caloundra Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 113 photos
COMING TO CALOUNDRA
I call this the quieter end of the Sunshine Coast, where you can enjoy the uncrowded beaches [except in holiday times], views of the Glass House Mountains, the shallow, calm waters of the Pumicestone Passage, and the interesting coastal headland walk, where I can view interesting coves and sandy beaches.
There's plenty of Beaches to choose from, like Golden Beach, Kings Beach, Shelly Beach, Moffat Beach, Dicky Beach and Currimundi.
The Caloundra Coastal Path passes by scenic shorelines where the waves crash onto the rock platforms. The path is a continuous from Golden
Beach heading around Caloundra Headland then Moffat Headland, before reaching the long, sandy beaches of Kawana to Point Cartwright.
Along the way it passes some historic sites including Military Jetty used for
military operations in World War II, and Kings Beach Bathing Pavillion constructed in 1937.
There are also magnificent views to enjoy at Moffat Beach, Kings Beach, Happy Valley and Bulcock Beach.
Kings Beach is Caloundra's popular surfing beach and just behind the beach itself is a modern playground area, barbecue facilities and an amphitheatre.
A giant water fountain provides hours of entertainment while in front of the Surf Club there's a foreshore swimming pool.
You can go cycling or walking, enjoy a cruise, kayak or jet ski. A Golfer, then try the Greg Norman-designed Club Pelican. The excellent Corbould Race course is located on the outskirts of Caloundra and holds some big events during the year, one being the Caloundra Cup Carnival in July.
Major attractions in the area include Australia Zoo, Aussie World and the Ettamogah Pub, Big Kart Track and the Queensland Air Museum.
To reach Caloundra by road from the Brisbane CBD by car ....1.15hours
Mooloolaba 25 mins
Maleny...... 40 mins
Hervey Bay 2 hrs 50mins
Glass House Mountains 30 mins
Gold Coast.......2 hours
Check out Caloundra Tourism for more on what to see and do....
- Pros:The 1st nice town on the Sunshine coast by the Beach
- Cons:Very busy during holiday times
- In a nutshell:Lovely area either for Surf or Calm water swimming
Currimundi Lake is the ideal spot for families with small children as it provides a safe, sheltered area for swimming,... more travel advice
The Headland walkway is a lovely walk from Moffat Beach to King's beach. As you walk along the path, look down, here you... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Caloundra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caloundra, Queensland, Australia"
- "CALOUNDRA BY THE SEASIDE!"
- "A great laid back area of Queensland."
- "Best of Both - Surf and Still Water"
- "Lots of Holidays at Caloundra"
- "Tranquil Beauty"
- "Sunshine Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caloundra
- Hotels in Caloundra
- Transportation in Caloundra
- Restaurants in Caloundra
- Shopping in Caloundra
- Warnings and Dangers in Caloundra
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Caloundra
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Caloundra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caloundra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 88 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Caloundra hotel reviews
- Rydges Oasis Resort Caloundra
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Pelican Waters
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Quest Caloundra
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Ocean Views Resort
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Rolling Surf Resort
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013