"THERE IS GOLD AT COBAR" Cobar by balhannah
Cobar Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 72 photos
We are in the outback where there is a different feel and smell to the big cities, the people are friendlier, they wave to you as we travel in their area, and its beautiful to sit by a campfire and to view the stars.
It's and area of contrasts.
The light is harsh with high UV and polarisation, but for photos, at sunrise and sunset, they turn out rich in colour if taken then.
With the mineral content here, expect to see colour effects of orange, red, blues, and deep purples.
The soil is red, there are pastoral industries, and lots of "Grey Nomads" passing through or stopping overnight in the town.
Cobar is quite busy with passing traffic.
From Warren to Cobar is 132kms of outback scenery, and then on the other side of town, where we head to Broken Hill, we travel 456kms, with only Wilcannia and a one horse town for the length of the drive.
Cobar is a nice town, with plenty of shops, accommodation and places of interest to visit.
It is here, if your heading to Broken Hill, that you fill up the car with fuel for the long journey ahead.
2012 - We have arrived in the Cobar Shire on our 11,550 kms road trip to Southern Australia.
AFTER spending the night here, we are moving onto WILCANNIA.
- In a nutshell:Nice town
Just because we are in the outback, doesn't mean the land is going to be bare. On the contary, there are Trees, shrubs,... more travel advice
Where ever you are heading from Cobar, you are going a long distance without any chance of putting fuel in your... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Cobar Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cobar
- 13 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (584)
Have you been to Cobar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cobar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues