"HOME OF THE "BLACK STUMP!"" Coolah by balhannah
Coolah Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 66 photos
Thankyou to the New South Wales Police force for asking permission to use this photo for the front cover of their monthly magazine.
Coolah is the gateway to Coolah Tops National Park, an area where there is a chance to find rare flora and to see wildlife.
Coolah also is believed to be the home of the original Black Stump.
A replica Black Stump and Rest Area is 9 kms from Coolah, on the Coolah - Coonabarabran/Gunnedah road.
The town is situated in a beautiful valley of the Liverpool Range, surrounded by undulating hills and fertile river flats, I find it a very pretty area.
The town has a population of approx 1000 people, and is located on a road used as a short-cut from Dubbo to Gunnedah.
We had a good meal, a good sleep and enjoyed the beautiful scenery at the Coolah National Park yesterday. Now it is time to move onto GUNNEDAH the Koala capital of Australia.
- Cons:Gets very cold in winter
- In a nutshell:A friendly town, with some good surrounding scenery.
As we head north to Gunnedah, we come to the town of Tambar Springs. Very small town, but quite famous because it was... more travel advice
We had finished our walks at the Coolah Tops national park and were heading back to Coolah, when I thought, we must stop... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Coolah Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Coolah
- Hotels in Coolah
- Restaurants in Coolah
- Warnings and Dangers in Coolah
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Coolah
- 16 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Coolah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coolah
Photos in CoolahSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue