"HOME OF THE "BLACK STUMP!"" Coolah by balhannah
Coolah Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 86 photos
Thankyou to the New South Wales Police force for asking permission to use this photo for the front cover of their monthly magazine.
Coolah is the gateway to Coolah Tops National Park, an area where there is a chance to find rare flora and to see wildlife.
Coolah also is believed to be the home of the original Black Stump.
A replica Black Stump and Rest Area is 9 kms from Coolah, on the Coolah - Coonabarabran/Gunnedah road.
The town is situated in a beautiful valley of the Liverpool Range, surrounded by undulating hills and fertile river flats, I find it a very pretty area.
The town has a population of approx 1000 people, and is located on a road used as a short-cut from Dubbo to Gunnedah.
We had a good meal, a good sleep and enjoyed the beautiful scenery at the Coolah National Park yesterday.
2012 - Now it is time to move onto GUNNEDAH the Koala capital of Australia.
2015 Road trip - Next town is DUNEDOO
- Cons:Gets very cold in winter
- In a nutshell:A friendly town, with some good surrounding scenery.
As we head north to Gunnedah we come across the town of Tambar Springs, a very small town, but quite famous because it... more travel advice
We had finished our walks at the Coolah Tops national park and were heading back to Coolah when I noticed the lovely... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Coolah Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Coolah
- Hotels in Coolah
- Restaurants in Coolah
- Shopping in Coolah
- Warnings and Dangers in Coolah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coolah
- 16 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (488)
Have you been to Coolah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coolah
Photos in CoolahSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues