"EUDUNDA - CHILDHOOD HOME OF COLIN THIELE" Eudunda by balhannah
Eudunda Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 22 photos
Eudunda is a pleasant rural town, located 103kms from Adelaide.
It was established in 1870 after settlers began moving into the area in the 1860s.
The town's population is less than 1000 people.
EUDUNDA is known as the home of South Australia's first farming co-operative.
At its height the Eudunda Farmers Co-operative Society Ltd had 62 branches, one of them used to be in the town I lived.
The co-op started in the 1890s when a group of German farmers met at Manns Hotel and decided that they should work together. The idea was that the co-operative could transport and sell timber and could collectively buy goods with the profits.
It has now been taken over by IGA grocers.
Leaving Eudunda, we headed along the road to Marrabel. Marrabel is home to the "Marrabel Rodeo," the oldest continuos... more travel advice
In the northern areas of Australia, we saw plenty of these beautiful gum trees. I find them a very attractive tree, one... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Eudunda Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Eudunda
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Eudunda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eudunda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue