"EUDUNDA - CHILDHOOD HOME OF COLIN THIELE" Eudunda by balhannah
Eudunda Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 22 photos
Eudunda is a pleasant rural town, located 103kms from Adelaide.
It was established in 1870 after settlers began moving into the area in the 1860s.
The town's population is less than 1000 people.
EUDUNDA is known as the home of South Australia's first farming co-operative.
At its height the Eudunda Farmers Co-operative Society Ltd had 62 branches, one of them used to be in the town I lived.
The co-op started in the 1890s when a group of German farmers met at Manns Hotel and decided that they should work together. The idea was that the co-operative could transport and sell timber and could collectively buy goods with the profits.
It has now been taken over by IGA grocers.
Leaving Eudunda, we headed along the road to Marrabel. Marrabel is home to the "Marrabel Rodeo," the oldest continuos... more travel advice
In the northern areas of Australia, we saw plenty of these beautiful gum trees. I find them a very attractive tree, one... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Eudunda Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Eudunda
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Eudunda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eudunda
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 257 reviews, 752 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues