"THE RUGGED FLINDERS RANGES" Flinders Ranges by balhannah
Flinders Ranges Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 322 photos
THE FLINDERS RANGES, A LAND OF RUGGED MOUNTAINS, OF DROUGHTS AND FLOODING RAINS, OF PEACEFUL GORGES AND TREE LINED CREEKS, WILDLIFE AND WILDFLOWERS, ABORIGINAL PAINTINGS AND HEARTBREAKING TALES................
THIS IS THE FLINDERS RANGES.
The Flinders Ranges is the largest mountain range in South Australia, which starts approx 200 km north west of Adelaide.
The most famous landmark is Wilpena Pound, a large, natural amphitheatre covering nearly 80 square kms.
In the north, is the Arkaroola wilderness sanctuary and the Vulkathunha-Gammon Ranges National Park.
The south, has the Pichi Richi scenic railway and Mount Remarkable National Park.
There are so many walking tracks, you would need to stay a week in order to see the majority!
We are now going to visit some of the towns of the Flinders Ranges.
We will go to QUORN, a beautiful town worth spending a little time at!~
- Pros:Stunning scenery
- Cons:Some of the dirt roads can be rough. Very hot in Summer
- In a nutshell:Some of the best Mountain scenery in Australia
Coming out of the Moralana scenic drive, we turn left onto the Leigh Creek road. Just a little way down the road, was a... more travel advice
Located quite close to the Wilpena Pound turn-off, is a parking/picnic area. Somebody has had some fun with a rock,... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Flinders Ranges Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Adelaide to the Outbback and. . . . . . back!"
- "THE RUGGED FLINDERS RANGES"
- "Flinders Ranges"
- "Flinders Ranges"
- "Alligator Gorge walk"
- "My trip to the Flinders Ranges"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Flinders Ranges
- Hotels in Flinders Ranges
- Nightlife in Flinders Ranges
- Warnings and Dangers in Flinders Ranges
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Flinders Ranges
- 30 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Flinders Ranges?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flinders Ranges
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Sydney thenthe Great Barrier..."
- updated a Flinders Ranges Travel Page "THE RUGGED FLINDERS RANGES"
- Wrote a Review LOOKOUT ON THE LEIGH CREEK ROAD in Flinders Ranges Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "LOOKOUT ON THE LEIGH CREEK ROAD"
- Commented on one of ettiewyn's Flinders Ranges travel pages
Photos in Flinders RangesSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 92 reviews, 306 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue