"GILGANDRA" Gilgandra by balhannah
Gilgandra Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 48 photos
Gilgandra is a located alongside the Castlereagh River in the Central West of New South Wales.
The area is know for agriculture, and for making history during the first World War.
In 1915, 26 men set out from Gilgandra to Sydney on the first recruiting march of World War I.
Along the way they called 'Coo-ee' at each town they passed.
Six weeks later, they reached Sydney with 263 men willing to join the forces.
After spending the night at Gilgandra, we will head into Outback Australia on our journey to southern Australia.
We briefly stop at the small town of WARREN
- Pros:Plenty to offer for the tourist
- Cons:Noisy if staying beside the Newell Highway
- In a nutshell:Nice parks, good museums
Gilgandra is located on a busy highway where lots of semi-trailers pass through all night long. Most of the Motels and... more travel advice
Gilgandra is another town that has many Art Deco buildings. What is rather nice here, is the new shopping centre has... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Gilgandra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stop for a break at Gilgandra, New South Wales"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gilgandra
- 10 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Gilgandra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gilgandra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues