Gold Coast Warnings Or Dangers Tips by balhannah Top 5 Page for this destination
Gold Coast Warnings and Dangers: 32 reviews and 20 photos
If you come to the Gold Coast then you are most likely going to enjoy one of the long, white, sandy beaches.
Beaches in Australia are patrolled by volunteer Lifesavers for your safety.
Some people are not aware that they are getting sunburnt, and dehydrated badly!
On the Beach, they have flags, and there is usually a notice nearby telling you what the flags mean, eg. danger, etc.
If there are two red & gold flags in the sand a distance apart, this means that it is safe to swim between those flags.
The Lifesavers keep an eye on the people in this area, incase somebody gets into difficulty.
They will also help you if you get stung by something, or need help.
PLEASE DO THIS, as each year, Tourist's drown, because they aren't used to the Beach and the Surf.
YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET CAUGHT IN A RIP!
YOU DO NOT WANT TO DROWN!
The Lifesavers do a great job and rely on Donations from the public.
So, SWIM BETWEEN THE FLAGS, SLIP/SLOP/SLAP,
AND ENJOY YOUR DAY ON THE BEACH.............
Beautiful Gold Coast
If you ever want to avoid the Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise, well, when Schoolie's week is on is the time to do it.
At the end of November, and the 1st week of December every year, thousands of School leavers converge on the Coast for a good time, I'm afraid its not a good time for a lot of them or for you!
Drunkness, Drugs, Violence,.........to name just a few, such stupidity that always results in being arrested by the Police, and the worst is when somebody is killed or maimed for life..........this is Schoolies week!
Each year it is getting worse, some parents do not help by supplying their under-age children with alcohol, quite a few are ilegally drinking.
Accommodation is booked out at this time of the year, and its not safe to walk the streets at night.
Queensland has the 1st week, then in the 2nd week, the southern states converge on the coast for their "Fun!!"
Book and stay at the Gold Coast any time of the year but at this time.
Queensland does not participate in Daylight saving at the moment. (2009)
When you are on the Gold coast, and if you are at Coolangatta (Qld)/Tweed Heads (N.S.W.), then you need to remember that Tweed Heads will be an hour ahead of Coolangatta.
On one side of the street, shops will be closed, and on the other, they will still be open because of the different time zones.
Some businesses, even though in New South Wales, run on Queensland time, so if you are taking a tour and it is located in Tweed Heads, just check in Summer, between the 1st Sunday of October and the 1st Sunday of April, what time zone they are operating on.
You may be able to have a sleep in ! or may not either!
Pelican on his Lampshade
Pelicans, they love to eat fish!, so if you are fishing and there is a Pelican nearby, you had better wind it in quick, or lose it!
They have been known to chase after people for the fish.
Also, heading along the Ocean side towards Main Beach, on every light post if you look up, you will see a Pelican sleeping or preening itself!
More Reviews (46)
- See All AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK SPECTACULAR
- See All QUIET & STILL WATER BEACHES ON THE GOLD...
- See All A BIT OF EVERYTHING
balhannah's Related Pages
Gold Coast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gold Coast"
- "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- "Gold Coast - My Home"
- "Australia’s GOLD COAST"
- "Home Town"
- "Hi from Sunny Gold Coast"
- "Anything goes land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gold Coast
- Hotels in Gold Coast
- Transportation in Gold Coast
- Nightlife in Gold Coast
- Restaurants in Gold Coast
- Shopping in Gold Coast
- Warnings and Dangers in Gold Coast
- See All...
Explore the World
- Split Rock Hotels
- Loriga Hotels
- Hawley Hotels
- Estes Park
- San Lorenzo Hotels
Badges & Stats in Gold Coast
- 50 Reviews
- 195 Photos
- 67 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Gold Coast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gold Coast
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: 2 nights lodging "
- Wrote a Review AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK SPECTACULAR about Theme Parks. in Gold Coast Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK SPECTACULAR"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Gold Coast tips
- created a Gold Coast Travelogue "MOVIE WORLD ON THE GOLD COAST"
Photos in Gold CoastSee All Photos (195)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (229)
Latest Gold Coast hotel reviews
- Xanadu Holiday Resort
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- International Beach Resort
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Silverton Holiday Apartments Gold Coast
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Montego Sands Holiday Apartments Gold Coast
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- BreakFree Maldives
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Pelican Cove Resort Gold Coast
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Grangewood Court Apartments Gold Coast
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Royal Palm Resort
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Pacific Views Resort Gold Coast
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Cosmopolitan Apartments Gold Coast
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 18, 2013
- 19th Avenue On The Beach Gold Coast
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- WorldMark Kirra Beach Gold Coast
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Binna Burra Mountain Lodge
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Anacapri Apartments Gold Coast
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Theme Parks.- 104 Reviews, 200 Photos
- Hinterland / National Parks.- 31 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Beaches.- 37 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Bird / Animal Parks.- 22 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Markets / Shopping Centres- 15 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Surfers Paradise.- 19 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Go-Kart Grand Prix.- 2 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Boat Cruises.- 6 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Joy Flights.- 9 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Frazer / Lady Elliot Islands.- 5 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Gold Coast Things to Do