"BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!" Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast by balhannah
Gold Coast Travel Guide: 849 reviews and 1,804 photos
BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY, PERFECT THE NEXT!
The Gold Coast, and the mind immediately thinks of
We live not that far from the affectionately known "coast" and would you
believe, do not visit a lot!
Yes, it is lovely, great long sandy beaches where the oversea's sun worshippers love to come and enjoy, and who can blame them!
The weather is fantastic most of the year, and if you are from a colder country and come here in Winter, you probably will still be swimming!
Of course, the Beach is a big part of the Coast, but lets not forget the other things that you can do!
WHAT ELSE TO DO
Shopping, and the choice is huge with lots of Shops from the small to the big Shopping Complexes.
Food, no need to go hungry either, plenty of take- aways, Restaurants and Cafes including some with marvellous views like the one in Q DECK, the "Tallest Residential Tower" in the world, what a way to enjoy that afternoon coffee & cake! Unfortunately, there isn't a Restaurant.
You really have to visit at least one of these!
There are so many to choose from, the main ones being SEA WORLD, MOVIE WORLD, DREAM WORLD, WET & WILD AND WATER WORLD.
THE OUTBACK SPECTACULAR is an entertaining show that I have been to,
it has now changed to a new show since I went.
CURRUMBIN WILDLIFE SANCTUARY....Where you can pat the Kangaroo's and even the Emu's if you can find one that will stand still for you!
There are so many more attractions.......
Check out some websites, the official Gold Coast one is.............
and there are plenty of others to choose from.
GOLD COAST HINTERLAND
If you have time, take the time to visit the Gold Coast Hinterland.
There are 7 National Parks here, Wineries, Galleries, Arts & Crafts, Markets, Road side stalls selling fresh fruit & vegie, beautiful views of the Gold Coast, lovely gardens, beautiful natural scenery and flora and fauna. There are stacks of Bush walks you can do, a lot through stunning rainforest with little crystal clear creeks running over smooth pebbles amongst the Tree ferns, Palms, or in Joalah National park, great big tall White gums, they are magnificent!
The area includes..........
Lamington National Park, Green Mountains Section, Natural Bridge, Springbrook National Park - All are beautiful, scenic areas.
I hope you come and visit one day, I am sure you will enjoy the area, hope to see you in SUNNY QUEENSLAND............... SOON!
- Pros:Lovely climate, lovely Beaches
- Cons:Don't visit Surfers Paradise area in Schoolies Week
- In a nutshell:Has everything you could wish to see & do!
September each year is when the International Kite Festival is held on the Gold Coast. We went for the 2015 event after... more travel advice
2015- "The year of the Goat" was the first year the Chinese New Year Festival took place in Chinatown at Southport on... more travel advice
- See All RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT
- See All MEALS UNDER $10
- BOULDERS & BADLANDS PUTT PUTT
- See All HOW TO REACH AUSTRALIA ZOO
balhannah's Related Pages
Gold Coast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- "Gold Coast"
- "Gold Coast - My Home"
- "Australia’s GOLD COAST"
- "Home Town"
- "Hi from Sunny Gold Coast"
- "Anything goes land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gold Coast
- Hotels in Gold Coast
- Transportation in Gold Coast
- Nightlife in Gold Coast
- Restaurants in Gold Coast
- Shopping in Gold Coast
- Warnings and Dangers in Gold Coast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gold Coast
- 59 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 103 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Gold Coast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gold Coast
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Re: BANGKOK IN 3 DAYS"
- Wrote a Review INTERNATIONAL KITE FESTIVAL about Festivals & Events in Gold Coast Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "INTERNATIONAL KITE FESTIVAL"
- updated a Gold Coast Travel Page "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Gold Coast tips
Photos in Gold CoastSee All Photos (200)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues