"BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!" Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast by balhannah
Gold Coast Travel Guide: 838 reviews and 1,796 photos
BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY, PERFECT THE NEXT!
The Gold Coast, and the mind immediately thinks of
We live not that far from the affectionately known "coast" and would you
believe, do not visit a lot!
Yes, it is lovely, great long sandy beaches where the oversea's sun worshippers love to come and enjoy, and who can blame them!
The weather is fantastic most of the year, and if you are from a colder country and come here in Winter, you probably will still be swimming!
Of course, the Beach is a big part of the Coast, but lets not forget the other things that you can do!
WHAT ELSE TO DO
Shopping, and the choice is huge with lots of Shops from the small to the big Shopping Complexes.
Food, no need to go hungry either, plenty of take- aways, Restaurants and Cafes including some with marvellous views like the one in Q DECK, the "Tallest Residential Tower" in the world, what a way to enjoy that afternoon coffee & cake! Unfortunately, there isn't a Restaurant.
You really have to visit at least one of these!
There are so many to choose from, the main ones being SEA WORLD, MOVIE WORLD, DREAM WORLD, WET & WILD AND WATER WORLD.
THE OUTBACK SPECTACULAR is an entertaining show that I have been to,
it has now changed to a new show since I went.
CURRUMBIN WILDLIFE SANCTUARY....Where you can pat the Kangaroo's and even the Emu's if you can find one that will stand still for you!
There are so many more attractions.......
Check out some websites, the official Gold Coast one is.............
and there are plenty of others to choose from.
GOLD COAST HINTERLAND
If you have time, take the time to visit the Gold Coast Hinterland.
There are 7 National Parks here, Wineries, Galleries, Arts & Crafts, Markets, Road side stalls selling fresh fruit & vegie, beautiful views of the Gold Coast, lovely gardens, beautiful natural scenery and flora and fauna. There are stacks of Bush walks you can do, a lot through stunning rainforest with little crystal clear creeks running over smooth pebbles amongst the Tree ferns, Palms, or in Joalah National park, great big tall White gums, they are magnificent!
The area includes..........
Lamington National Park, Green Mountains Section, Natural Bridge, Springbrook National Park - All are beautiful, scenic areas.
I hope you come and visit one day, I am sure you will enjoy the area, hope to see you in SUNNY QUEENSLAND............... SOON!
- Pros:Lovely climate, lovely Beaches
- Cons:Don't visit Surfers Paradise area in Schoolies Week
- In a nutshell:Has everything you could wish to see & do!
At the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, you can either watch the Lorikeet's feed for FREE, or for a small donation, buy a... more travel advice
This is one of the main reasons to come to Movie World - To enjoy some hair raising rides. What is good here, is there... more travel advice
- See All HOW TO REACH AUSTRALIA ZOO
- See All A BIT OF EVERYTHING
- See All SCENIC DRIVE - NUMINBAH VALLEY & BEYOND
balhannah's Related Pages
Gold Coast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- "Gold Coast"
- "Gold Coast - My Home"
- "Australia’s GOLD COAST"
- "Home Town"
- "Hi from Sunny Gold Coast"
- "Anything goes land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gold Coast
- Hotels in Gold Coast
- Transportation in Gold Coast
- Nightlife in Gold Coast
- Restaurants in Gold Coast
- Shopping in Gold Coast
- Warnings and Dangers in Gold Coast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gold Coast
- 52 Reviews
- 192 Photos
- 91 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (245)
Have you been to Gold Coast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gold Coast
- Posted in Travel State of Queensland Forum "Re: About Toll Charges in..."
- Wrote a Review HOW TO REACH AUSTRALIA ZOO in Gold Coast Transportation
- Commented on one of balhannah's Gold Coast travelogues
- updated a Gold Coast Travel Page "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "NEARLY FOR FREE - LORIKEET FEEDING!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 244 reviews, 694 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 138 reviews, 459 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues