"IPSWICH - OLDE WORLD CHARM HERE!" Ipswich by balhannah
Ipswich Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 55 photos
If you are following my 11,500km trip, our next TOWN is ROSEWOOD
Ipswich is Queensland's oldest provincial city.
Located only 40 minute's from central Brisbane it is the perfect place for a day's adventure.
There is the Greg Norman designed Golf course of the
Brookwater Golf Club, a picturesque and challenging Championship course.
What I really like, is discovering the city's graceful colonial homes, superb old churches and historic sandstone buildings, there are so many, and most people have taken pride in keeping them painted and looking nice.
You will see many different designs, either on a heritage walking tour or by
just driving around the city.
You can easily spend a full day here!
Ipswich under water in January 2011
Unprecedented rainfall, caused the Bremer river that runs through the city of Ipswich to break it banks and flood the Ipswich CBD and low lying areas.
Lots of homes have only their roove's showing, some not even that. This is the same flood that hit Brisbane and devastated the city. The water has receded, and left on top of the house are a couple of steel container bins! Hard to imagine!
My prayers go to all these people that have been devasted, and I have done what I can to help these people .
Want more info.....
- Pros:Lovely heritage city
- Cons:Can be very hot in summer, and very cold in Winter
- In a nutshell:A good city to see historic queensland homes
St. Stephen's Presbyterian Church is a lovely looking Church near the centre of Ipswich. This Church was built in 1866.... more travel advice
Located in Queen's Park, Ipswich, is an Animal and Bird (Ipswich Nature Centre) enclosure that you can visit for... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Ipswich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NERIMA JAPANESE GARDENS AT IPSWICH"
- "Ipswich - Oldest Provincial City in Queensland"
- "IPSWICH - HOME OF THE RAILWAY MUSEUM"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ipswich
- 9 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (271)
Have you been to Ipswich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ipswich
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: VT's 2014 Community Awards"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Ipswich tips
- updated a Ipswich Travel Page "IPSWICH - OLDE WORLD CHARM HERE!"
- Wrote a Review ST. STEPHEN'S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH & SABBATH HALL in Ipswich Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "ST. STEPHEN'S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH & SABBATH HALL"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 740 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues