"IPSWICH - OLDE WORLD CHARM HERE!" Ipswich by balhannah
Ipswich Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 162 photos
2012 - If you are following my 11,500km trip, our next TOWN is ROSEWOOD
Ipswich is Queensland's oldest provincial city.
Located only 40 minute's from central Brisbane it is the perfect place for a day's adventure.
There is the Greg Norman designed Golf course of the Brookwater Golf Club, a picturesque and challenging Championship course.
What I really like, is the city's rich history, discovering the city's graceful colonial homes, superb old churches and historic sandstone buildings, It is renowned for its architectural, natural and cultural heritage and proudly preserves more than 6000 heritage-listed sites.
You will see many different designs, either on a heritage walking tour or by just driving around the city.
You can easily spend a full day here!
Ipswich under water in January 2011
Unprecedented rainfall, caused the Bremer river that runs through the city of Ipswich to break it banks and flood the Ipswich CBD and low lying areas.
Lets go for a walk around Ipswich and view some of the many Heritage listed buildings..................
In the travelogues, I have added photos of the many styles of heritage homes found in Ipswich.
- Pros:Lovely heritage city
- Cons:Can be very hot in summer, and very cold in Winter
- In a nutshell:A good city to see historic queensland homes
I came across this drinking fountain on my walk around Denmark Hill, quite handy if you've forgotten your water... more travel advice
The Ipswich Nature Reserve is a really good place to see Australian animals close up. Many people from overseas are... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Ipswich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "IPSWICH - OLDE WORLD CHARM HERE!"
- "Ipswich - Oldest Provincial City in Queensland"
- "IPSWICH - HOME OF THE RAILWAY MUSEUM"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ipswich
- 41 Reviews
- 150 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (584)
Have you been to Ipswich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ipswich
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Hotels to Add to VT"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Ipswich travel pages
- created a Ipswich Travelogue "HERITAGE AND HISTORIC HOMES OF IPSWICH # 2"
- Uploaded a Photo to "HERITAGE AND HISTORIC HOMES OF IPSWICH # 2"
- Wrote a Review SAMUEL BLACKALL DRINKING FOUNTAIN in Ipswich Things to Do
Photos in IpswichSee All Photos (150)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues