"KIAMA" Top 5 Page for this destination Kiama by balhannah
Kiama Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 138 photos
'WHERE THE SEA MAKES A NOISE"
Interesting, the Aboriginal word for this town means “Where the sea makes a noise," definitely a reference to the famous Kiama Blowhole.
In 1797, George Bass anchored his Whaleboat in the sheltered bay, now
known as Kiama Harbour.
In the 1870’s Dairying was supplemented by Balsat (Blue Metal) quarrying, now one of the Districts major income earners.
Kiama is set in a very pretty area, amongst rolling hills and Dairy Cattle, with the Ocean on the other side with secluded little coves, nice beaches,
jagged cliffs and stunning scenery
This is a small town, with quite a few historical buildings, and some good nearby scenic drives.
It is a favorite of mine!
- Pros:Nice beaches, Nice area
- In a nutshell:Nice spot for a relaxing holiday.
Been at Kiama a while, want something else to do, or like us, the weather was bad...................what to do? We... more travel advice
Storm Bay is located at the bottom of Blowhole Point Road . A lawned area and seats are nearby where you can sit and be... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Kiama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kiama - a rugged coast"
- "Kiama: a pretty little town with beautiful views"
- "Kiama... beach and blow hole... heavenly"
- "Kiama- A GREAT Getaway.!"
- "Kiama's Awesome BlowHoles, plus more"
- "Kiama, south of Sydney"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kiama
- Hotels in Kiama
- Restaurants in Kiama
- Shopping in Kiama
- Warnings and Dangers in Kiama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kiama
- 22 Reviews
- 55 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (276)
Have you been to Kiama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kiama
Photos in KiamaSee All Photos (55)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues