"KILLARNEY in AUSTRALIA" Killarney by balhannah
Killarney Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 69 photos
Killarney is a small town near the New South Wales / Queensland border, was surveyed in 1878.
The name does originally come from Irish settlers, who, when seeing the area, said it reminded them of their town in Ireland. It is also an excellent area for Potato growing.
We also know a person who has been to Killarney in Ireland, and she said the same on visiting there! Evidently, the Mountains are very similar!
There isn't a lot here, other than beautiful scenery, Kangaroos, Fauna & Flora, Peace & quiet, all set in a nice valley, with the mountains on one side.
It is in these mountains where there are nice bush walks and waterfalls. It is only 15kms from Killarney to this area, this is where the Queen Mary Falls are located.
You can go 4wdriving , there is Parasailing, Rodeos, Cattle dog trials, Polocrosse, and the Killarney show held at different times of the year.
The Condomine Gorge runs through the Mountains here and can be enjoyed by doing a 4WD tour with Louise from Cambanoora Co.
The scenery is great! The Guide is great!
Peace, quiet, Lovely creeks and mountains, fantastic views, you couldn't ask for more, so if you are visiting, think about booking this tour and enjoying some scenery that can only be visited in a 4WD.
Probably the place that does the most business in Killarney. It is the 3rd Hotel to be built on the same site. Previously, they were called the Post Office Hotel, now, it is the Killarney Hotel.
- Pros:A quiet country town with lovely scenery
- In a nutshell:Flora, Fauna, Scenery at its best, chill out here!
It was nearly Spring on our last visit to Killarney, and the Wildflowers were just starting to come out in bloom. One of... more travel advice
"CARR'S LOOKOUT" is a magnificent Lookout located a bit further on the bitumen road from Queen Mary Falls. The views are... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Killarney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KILLARNEY in AUSTRALIA"
- "Killarney in Queensland...a nice place to live"
- "Irish Heritage Australian village. Drama beyond."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Killarney
- Hotels in Killarney
- Warnings and Dangers in Killarney
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Killarney
- 14 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Killarney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Killarney
Photos in KillarneySee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues