"MAITLAND AND THE LOWER HUNTER VALLEY" Maitland by balhannah
Maitland Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 14 photos
Nestled in the lower Hunter just two hours north of Sydney, 40 minutes from Newcastle and 25 minutes from Wine Country.
Make sure your 1st stop is the Tourist Information Centre located in Ministers Park at the corner of High Street and Les Darcy Drive (the New England Highway. Look for the old steam train out the front and the 15 telegraph poles adjacent, each of them represting the 15 major floods which have wreaked havoc upon Maitland.
Maitland is was quite busy on the roads, so it is good to get information first so you can find the locations of the points of interest easily.
Don't forget to find out about how to reach the lovely old rural towns and countryside nearby!
Maitland is a mix of the old historic buildings from the 1800's, to the modern day. Nearby are the Wineries, the agricultural areas with roadside stalls, historic town, and nice scenery, infact, it is a good base to stay and to do daily tours, especially if you have a car.
Nearby is Morpeth, a gorgeous little town, with the main street occupied by more than 40 specialty stores and dozens of historic buildings, I could have spent a lot more time here!
In fact, I enjoyed this area immensely!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON MAITLAND AND AREA....
- In a nutshell:Beautiful scenic area with historic towns.
Continuing our car journey through Morpeth and Largs towards Paterson, we came across the small village of... more travel advice
Clarence town was another small town we came upon on our tours of the area around Newcastle/Maitland. It is located... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Maitland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MAITLAND AND THE LOWER HUNTER VALLEY"
- "THE MAITLAND GAOL"
- "Hunter Valley: Maitland"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Maitland
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (220)
Have you been to Maitland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maitland
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Show me a photo you took today."
- updated a Maitland Travel Page "MAITLAND AND THE LOWER HUNTER VALLEY"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Maitland travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "MAITLAND AND THE LOWER HUNTER VALLEY"
- Wrote a Review ALL SAINTS CHURCH - WOODVILLE in Maitland Things to Do
Photos in MaitlandSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 88 reviews, 288 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue