"GREEN, GREEN FIELDS OF MALENY!" Top 5 Page for this destination Maleny by balhannah
Maleny Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 163 photos
MALENY - SITUATED IN THE BLACKALL RANGES
MALENY .... used to be known as the town where the "Yuppies" settled.
It is an Town and area where House & Land is not cheap to buy.
Maleny is situated in the heart of the Sunshine Coast Hinterland approx 100 kilometres north of Brisbane.
Expect it to be cooler, quite often wetter, definitely greener!
Great views of the Glasshouse Mountain's from nearby vantage point's can be seen from here.
Years ago, Cedar, Beech & Hoop Pine Tree's were in the district, but a lot of these are gone, as they were felled to provide furniture and construction timber for SE Queensland and the UK.
Now, it is mainly a Dairy area.
Maleny has market's and plenty of craft shop's too! It is usually a very busy main street because of this and the outdoor cafe's.
So, come for a drive one day, and see for yourself, I think you will enjoy Maleny, I do!
- Cons:Can be very wet
- In a nutshell:Beautiful area for sightseeing!
I have already told you that when it rain's in Maleny, it quite often is measured in "inches" of rain. I was walking... more travel advice
You really must do this drive if you have the chance. At Landsborough, take the Maleny Road to the southern edge of the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Maleny Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maleny...at the top of the range"
- "GREEN, GREEN FIELDS OF MALENY!"
- "Maleny - a mountain retreat"
- "Maleny, The Gateway To Glass House Mountains"
- "Memories of Beautiful Melaney"
- "Maleny- a town that is different"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maleny
- Hotels in Maleny
- Restaurants in Maleny
- Shopping in Maleny
- Warnings and Dangers in Maleny
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maleny
- 11 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (271)
Have you been to Maleny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maleny
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 740 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues