"MILES - [Dogwood Crossing]" Miles by balhannah
Miles Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 64 photos
Miles was originally named Dogwood Crossing by Explorer.....
Ludwig Leichhardt in 1884.
Wildflowers & Festivals
Miles is also known for the native wildflower's in the region, so pay a visit in Spring [September] when they are blooming. Wildflowers are in abundance after the Spring rains.
The 'Back to the Bush Festival' is held then.
The Beef, Bells and Bottle Tree Festival is a month long biennial event held during the month of September.
We stopped at the Information Centre / The Miles Historical Village and went for a look. It really is excellent, and worth a visit.
There are more than 30 historic buildings, including a hospital, cafe, bank, post office and bakery.
Around here, life on the land is spent producing wheat, sorghum, barley and cotton. Timber production is important, and cattle and sheep grazing, including feedlots is widespread in the area.
Miles is located 339 kms west of Brisbane
- Cons:Petrol is getting more expensive
- In a nutshell:Interesting historical village
THE PUB [Hotel] I wonder how much has changed here? Well, I know we don't have a fancy Cash Register like in photo2... more travel advice
The Miles Historical Village has so much to see, that I have just scratched the surface on here. [photo1] It has... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Miles Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Miles
- 11 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (480)
Have you been to Miles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miles
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues