"MOREE - HOME OF ARTESIAN SPAS" Moree by balhannah
Moree Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 50 photos
Time for another stop and a look around Town.
When travelling in these areas, there aren't many towns.
When we left Goondiwindi, we quickly came to Bogabilla where mostly Aboriginals live, and then it was a drive of 125kms to reach our next town which was Moree.
MOREE is located in the heart of NSW’s northern wheatbelt and recognised nationally as Australia’s Artesian Spa Capital.
Moree has an Art Deco town centre, specialty boutiques, many cafes and restaurants, a regional art gallery, and pecans, olives, wines and other produce grown in this area.
A guided tour of the largest pecan nut farm in the Southern Hemisphere is available.,
Want to relax? Then try the therapeutic hot Artesian Spas or a pampering massage in one of the luxurious salons, day spas, and alternate therapy centres. The benefits of natural Artesian mineral waters were discovered thousands of years ago, and have been used for their curative powers since ancient times.
The Moree Artesian Aquatic Centre is where you can go and soak in mineral-rich artesian water which will make you feel revitalized straight away.
The Aquatic centre has an Olympic pool, two Hot Artesian Pools which are both naturally heated to temperatures between 38 - 40 degrees Celsius, and another pool.
The Moree Artesian Aquatic Centre usually closes the last week in July for cleaning.
WORK IS AVAILABLE IN MOREE
March to May - Cotton picking, cotton ginning
April to August - Olives, pecan nuts
Most of the work is carried out in the summer, which can be extremely hot. Cotton chipping entails standing for long periods in the open, exposed to the sun.
2012 - Our next stop on the road trip along the Newell Highway from Moree, is at NARRABRI.
2014 - This time we will be travelling on the Kamilaroi Highway from Moree as we are heading into the Outback of Australia and to the lovely small town of BREWARRINA where we will spend night 2.
- Pros:Lots of beautiful buildings and nice parks and the Artesian Spas.
- In a nutshell:Worth a stop!
2014, And a lot of Eastern Australia, especially NSW and Queensland is in severe drought. The poor stock has been dying... more travel advice
The Moree Plains which surround the town of Moree, is where over time we have seen Cattle and Sheep farming, Cotton,... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Moree Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artesian Spa Capital of Australia"
- "Rich town, poor town"
- "MOREE - HOME OF ARTESIAN SPAS"
- "Sweetberry's Moree Page"
- "Moree and it's Artesian Spas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moree
- Hotels in Moree
- Transportation in Moree
- Restaurants in Moree
- Shopping in Moree
- Warnings and Dangers in Moree
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moree
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (584)
Have you been to Moree?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moree
Photos in MoreeSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues