"HOME OF THE BLUE LAKE" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier by balhannah
Mount Gambier Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 335 photos
IS........ 436kms from Adelaide and 441kms from Melbourne, an easy drive from either city.
Located on the slopes of a dormant volcano, Mount Gambier is one of the fastest growing cities in South Australia.
MOUNT GAMBIER IS FAMOUS FOR ITS 'BLUE LAKE'
The Blue Lake is inside one of the three dormant Craters.
What is so special about the Blue Lake, is the colour of the water changes through-out the year.
Mt. Gambier was also the first place named in South Australia.
Mount Gambier is a perfect destination for longer stays to enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding region, the caves and sinkholes, coastline, rivers, lakes and wineries.
There are plenty of short drives to do, enough to keep you busy for a full week if you make your base Mt. Gambier.
Mt. Gambier also has a full calendar of events through-out the year, so you may like to come when one of these are on!
- Pros:A city which is a good base for seeing the surrounding sights
- In a nutshell:Lots of heritage buildings and interesting sink-holes to see!
The Mount Gambier visitor guide is the most useful booklet you can aquire. There are plenty of them at the Visitor... more travel advice
The Little Blue Lake is a large water filled sinkhole with a diameter of around 45 metres. It's a rather pretty lake set... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Mount Gambier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HOME OF THE BLUE LAKE"
- "Welcome to my home!!"
- "MT GAMBIER"
- "Mount Gambier"
- "Gateway to South Australia"
- "Picanniny Ponds Snorkelling"
- "Mount Gambier"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Gambier
- Hotels in Mount Gambier
- Transportation in Mount Gambier
- Nightlife in Mount Gambier
- Restaurants in Mount Gambier
- Shopping in Mount Gambier
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Gambier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Gambier
- 32 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Mount Gambier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Gambier
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: Best way to find the nice..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Mount Gambier travel pages
- updated a Mount Gambier Travel Page "HOME OF THE BLUE LAKE"
- Wrote a Review MOUNT GAMBIER VISITOR GUIDE in Mount Gambier Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "MOUNT GAMBIER VISITOR GUIDE"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue