"Beautiful Mt. Lofty Ranges" Mount Lofty Range by balhannah
Mount Lofty Range Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 12 photos
The Mount Lofty Ranges extend for a long way in both direction's behind the capital city, Adelaide.
The well known "Adelaide Hills" is part of the Mount Lofty Ranges and is only a 30min drive or Bus ride from Adelaide. It really is a beautiful area to visit, with plenty of sightseeing, pleasant towns, and activities to do!
Take note of the beautiful large Gum trees, this is what Sir Hans Heysen loved, and painted, his paintings can be seen in the Art Academy in Hahndorf, a quaint, German town, the oldest German Settlement in South Australia.
These days, Wine growing has taken over a lot of the Dairy Farms, and it has become well known for its wine, with some excellent Wineries in Lenswood, the Picadilly valley and Chain of Ponds where they produce a nice Chardonnay.
For excellent views, drive to the top of Mt. Lofty Summit and enjoy the great view over Adelaide.
Adelaide is a city that in the night time, the lights tend to "twinkle."
There are lots of excellent scenic routes which you can take to get to the Mount Lofty Ranges.
From Adelaide to the Barossa Valley, you will come across Birdwood, where the National Motor Museum is located and is worth a visit
Morialta Conservation Park is a nice park that has rocky gorges and waterfalls.
For Australian wildlife that you can mingle with, then head to the Cleland Wildlife Park, which is near Mt. Lofty. Also at Mt. Lofty, is the lovely Botanic gardens, especially nice in Autumn, when the leaves are coloured.
Belair National Park also has a wildlife sanctuary at Warrawong.
Another town is Strathalbyn, which was settled this time by Scottish immigrants. It is well known for its antique shops.
There are lots and lots of beautiful sights to see, as well as Fruit Orchard's, Vegetable farming, Dairy farming, National Parks, Great views, Bush-walking and much more! A popular walking trail, is the Heysen Trail.
The town of Lobethal is like 'fairyland' at Christmas time, the whole town lights up. It is extra pretty, as it is located in a valley with hills on either side.
If you come to Adelaide, then don't forget to visit the Adelaide Hills in the Mount Lofty Ranges, it would be a shame if you did!
- Pros:Very scenic area, close to Adelaide
- Cons:Bushfires in Summer
- In a nutshell:One of the pretty area's in Australia
This is a beautiful days outing if you have a car. Marble Hill is a small town in the Adelaide Hills, but it is... more travel advice
A drive up the Norton Summit road takes you to Forest Range, Basket Range, Lenswood, all Fruit growing areas. When the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Mount Lofty Range Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Kill Devil Hills Hotels
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Fort George Island Hotels
- Lago di Garlate Hotels
- Porto Recanati
- Panama City Beach
- Spanish Harbor Keys Hotels
- Costa de Caparica
- Hua Hin
- San Felíu de Guixols
- Torres del Paine
- Negeri Kedah Hotels
- Cuernavaca Hotels
Badges & Stats in Mount Lofty Range
- 12 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (220)
Have you been to Mount Lofty Range?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Lofty Range
Photos in Mount Lofty RangeSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 82 reviews, 265 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue