"THE GOLD COAST HINTERLAND" Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Tamborine by balhannah
Mount Tamborine Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 255 photos
To reach this Mountain from any direction, either from the Gold Coast, Brisbane or Canungra, its a scenic drive just getting here.
Tamborine Mountain just 30 minutes from the Gold Coast and less than an
hours drive from Brisbane. It is a table top mountain 550 meters above sea level and located just behind the Gold Coast in an area that is known as......
'The Gold Coast Hinterland'
Once here, enjoy the extra clean air, the beautiful surroundings that include 9 National Parks, this is an area that I love!
There are markets, stunning gardens, Birdlife & Wildlife, Waterfalls, excellent bush & rainforest walks, plenty of picnic areas, Arts & Crafts, including the "Gallery Walk", Wineries, Bed & Breakfasts, wonderful views and more...........
I live nearby and visit here often, its just a short road trip to enjoy the cooler weather in Summer, and the much colder weather in Winter...........
ABOUT THE MOUNTAIN
Tamborine Mountain is part of the northern rim which was formed millions of years ago. Over the years, weathering has produced a plateau with rich volcanic soils, where almost everything grows extremely well!
I love the lush green countryside of Mount Tamborine where I find plenty of roadside stalls selling freshly picked Avocado, Kiwi Fruit, Rhubarb and other fruit and vegetables. Not only stalls selling this, but freshing picked Roses, Proteas and other varieties of Flowers, plus potted plants, all at reasonable prices.
The Mountain also has its own Coffee Plantation, and I noticed a Distillery here on my last visit.
The park protects remnants of Tamborine Mountain's plant communities. You will walk or drive through piccabeen palm groves, wet eucalypt forest dominated by tall flooded gums, open forest with bracken fern and on my last visit, lots of wild Easter Lillies growing on the Mountain sides.
Tamborine Mountain is referred to as the "Green behind the Gold" in the tourism industry. It is one of the most visited day-trip destinations in Australia, attracting some 1.3 million visitors, both national and international, annually.
Although one community, the mountain has three distinct "village" areas Eagle Heights is situated adjacent to the north-eastern escarpment....
North Tamborine includes the main business centre and occupies the north-western edge of the plateau......
Mt Tamborine encompasses the whole southern part of the mountain.
- Pros:Beautiful area in every possible way
- In a nutshell:Take a city break...Go to Tamborine Mountain
The Home Of Jasmin Organics and Organic Skincare is a lavender farm and a shop which sells organic skincare products.... more travel advice
The Tamborine Mountain Scarecrow Festival is a yearly event. In 2015, we decided to go to the 7th festival where a total... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Mount Tamborine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE GOLD COAST HINTERLAND"
- "MOUNT TAMBOURINE"
- "Beautiful Mt. Tamborine"
- "A wonderful hinterland"
- "Mount Tambourine"
- "Mount Tamborine ? A cool place to escape"
- "Mount Tamborine...It Has Been A Long Time"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Tamborine
- Hotels in Mount Tamborine
- Restaurants in Mount Tamborine
- Shopping in Mount Tamborine
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Tamborine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Tamborine
- 36 Reviews
- 130 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (593)
Have you been to Mount Tamborine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Tamborine
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Where in Australia are we..."
- updated a Mount Tamborine Travel Page "THE GOLD COAST HINTERLAND"
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE GOLD COAST HINTERLAND"
- Wrote a Review THE HOME OF JASMIN ORGANIC PRODUCTS in Mount Tamborine Things to Do
- Commented on one of balhannah's Mount Tamborine tips
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 257 reviews, 752 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues