"MURWILLUMBAH" Top 5 Page for this destination Murwillumbah by balhannah
Murwillumbah Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 83 photos
Murwillumbah is located in the centre of the beautiful Tweed Valley, just 15 minutes from the Tweed Coast, 30 minutes south of the Gold Coast and 40 minutes north of Byron Bay.
From Murwillumbah, you can view the interesting shape of Mt.Warning and see other mountains in one of the five World Heritage National Parks that surround the town.
The countryside around Murwillumbah is some of the prettiest you will find in Australia.
Sugar cane grows on the flats where the Tweed River gently flows towards the ocean. Banana plantations are seen growing up the steep hills where some small villages are wonderful views are worth coming to, to see.
Murwillumbah has quite a lot of Art Deco architecture, parks and gardens, Markets, Restaurants and a good shopping centre.
It is a perfect base from which to explore nearby Mount Warning and Nightcap National Park, both are pretty and worth doing.
- In a nutshell:Interesting town located in a very scenic area!
On the Tweed Valley Way (route40) which heads to Tweed Heads, look on the outskirts of Murwillumbah for Reserve Creek... more travel advice
Knox park was in upheaval when I visited, as a $1.2 upgrade was being implemented. Its a nice large green area with... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Murwillumbah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Murwillumbah and the Border Ranges"
- "Sleepy town, but in a stunning area"
- "I tought this is a big town"
- "Claimbed Mount Warning with one hand, in the rain"
- "Life is slooooow!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Murwillumbah
- Hotels in Murwillumbah
- Nightlife in Murwillumbah
- Warnings and Dangers in Murwillumbah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Murwillumbah
- 11 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (525)
Have you been to Murwillumbah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murwillumbah
Photos in MurwillumbahSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues