"NANANGO" Nanango by balhannah
Nanango Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 84 photos
4th OLDEST TOWN IN QUEENSLAND
Nanango is situated 175kms North West of Brisbane and is a good spot to base yourself for trips to the Bunya Mountains and the surrounding South
Nanango is a large country town with plenty of Motels and Caravan Parks for accommodation.
It has Chainsaw carvings, Murals, a big Indoor Swimming Pool, quite a few sports centres, Museums, Live entertainment centres, RSL Club, Potteries, Craft outlets, Go-Kart track, Horse Racing Track, Historic Home, and a Historic Cemetery.
The area around Nanango was settled in 1847.
Gold was discovered in the early 1800's and this resulted in a population boom.
After World War 1, it leveled off, then a 'boom' happened again in the 1970's, with the arrival of the Tarong Power Station.
The main industries in the area are Power production, Coal mining, Agriculture, Beef and Pork production, Dairying and Milk production, Timber growing and milling, small crops, natural Medicine, Art, Craftwork and Tourism.
We are on the home straight now, just making one more stop, and that is at CALBOOLTURE.
- Pros:Nice country town with quite a few events on during the year
- In a nutshell:Good base for the Bunya Mountains
If your a tourist looking for something unique to take home from Australia, then why not head to the Nanango markets at... more travel advice
This sculpture is situated in the median strip in the middle of Drayton street and on the corner of Henry street,... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Nanango Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Nanango
- 22 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Nanango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nanango
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues