"NANANGO" Nanango by balhannah
Nanango Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 44 photos
4th OLDEST TOWN IN QUEENSLAND
Nanango is situated 175kms North West of Brisbane and is a good spot to
base yourself for trips to the Bunya Mountains and the surrounding South
Nanango is a large country town with plenty of Motels and Caravan Parks for accommodation.
It has Chainsaw carvings, Murals, a big Indoor Swimming Pool, quite a few sports centres, Museums, Live entertainment centres, RSL Club, Potteries, Craft outlets, Go-Kart track, Horse Racing Track, Historic Home, and a Historic Cemetery.
The area around Nanango was settled in 1847.
Gold was discovered in the early 1800's and this resulted in a population boom.
After World War 1, it leveled off, then a 'boom' happened again in the 1970's, with the arrival of the Tarong Power Station.
The main industries in the area are Power production, Coal mining, Agriculture, Beef and Pork production, Dairying and Milk production, Timber growing and milling, small crops, natural Medicine, Art, Craftwork and Tourism.
We are on the home straight now, just making one more stop, and that is at CALBOOLTURE.
- In a nutshell:Good base for the Bunya Mountains
This park is located at Nanango which is one of the towns where you head into the Bunya Mountains. It is located in... more travel advice
Kinbombi Falls are located just outside the town of Goomeri. From Nanango, we did a day trip as far as these falls, then... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Nanango Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nanango
- 11 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Nanango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nanango
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue