"NYNGAN" Nyngan by balhannah
Nyngan Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos
Nyngan is a town in the central west of New South Wales, Australia, JUST 78kms from our last town which was Warren.
About 2000 people live in this town situated on the Bogan River
The Barrier Highway starts at Nyngan, and runs west to Cobar and on through Wilcannia and Broken Hill into South Australia.
It is on the Main Western railway line of New South Wales but is no longer served by passenger trains. The line remains open to freight traffic.
In April 1990, unusually heavy rains caused major flooding in the town, resulting in most of the town being flooded.
All the residents had to be evacuated by helicopter from the railway station, the highest point of the town, which was not flooded.
About the only place in Nyngan open for a sit down meal, was the Cafe named "Ducks Nutz." It's located in an old... more travel advice
Located in Vanges park infront of the Nyngan Museum, is an Iroquois 1022 Helicopter. It was donated to the town by the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Nyngan Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Nyngan
- 5 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Nyngan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nyngan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue