""WANT TO BE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN?"" Pomona by balhannah
Pomona Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 27 photos
All you have to do is..........
enter THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN RACE
when runners from around the world try to conquer the 4.5km mountain race to the top & back in less than 25minutes!
Pomona, located at the foot of 439 metre high, Mount Cooroora,
was first settled in the late 1880's as Pinbarren Siding.
In 1906, Pinbarren Siding was renamed Pomona, named after the Roman goddess of fruit and orchards.
A wander into the old Shire Chambers, and there are displays of photographs of important moments in Pomona's history, Post Office Exhibit, and a room about the local people, the Gubbi Gubbi.
The Pub in the photo was built in 1906 with the second story added in 1913. The Pub has a Ghost named Darby, after Darby Schrieder who lived in Pomona all his life! .
Pomona is also the home of the Majestic Cinema, the oldest continuously running silent movie cinema in the world.
Pomona is located about 25 minutes from Noosa, just beyond Cooroy.
The area around Pomona is very scenic, with lush green paddocks and numerous Mountains, [volcanic plugs].
Nearest Highway: The Bruce Highway
Nearest Airport: Domestic - Maroochy Airport
International - Brisbane Airport
- In a nutshell:Pretty area
Located about 7kms from Pomona, is another small town called Cooran, and a magnificent lookout. I am not sure of the... more travel advice
The climb to the summit of Mount Cooroora is not to be taken lightly. A read of the notice board at the start of the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Pomona Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pomona
- Restaurants in Pomona
- Shopping in Pomona
- Warnings and Dangers in Pomona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pomona
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (271)
Have you been to Pomona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pomona
Photos in PomonaSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 740 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues