"PORT AUGUSTA - CROSSROADS OF AUSTRALIA" Port Augusta by balhannah
Port Augusta Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 94 photos
Port Augusta is the 5th largest city after Adelaide, Mount Gambier, Whyalla and Murray Bridge in South Australia.
It is a seaport and railway junction city, located on the east coast of the Eyre Peninsula at the head of the Spencer Gulf, 322 km north of Adelaide.
One of its major industries is producing power.
It's also a natural harbour.
The City was named after Augusta Sophia, Lady Young, the wife of the Governor of South Australia, Sir Henry Edward Fox Young.
If you are here in Whale season,[July & August], the Whales have been seen next to the Great Western bridge.
I found a lot of interest to see here.
No longer a dirty city, but one which has cleaned up its act, and is now a worthy tourist destination.
We had a good night's sleep here, so now time to hit the road again! Lots of fairly boring country today. We make our 1st stop at IRON KNOB
- Pros:Plenty of interest, good fishing
- In a nutshell:Good place for an overnight stay or longer
We had been on the other side of the Flinders Ranges and seen very rugged Mountains, cliffs, gorges, fantastic... more travel advice
Port Augusta is a City in which a lot of cars and heavy traffic passes through, one of the reasons why we chose this... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Port Augusta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PORT AUGUSTA - CROSSROADS OF AUSTRALIA"
- "Port Augusta"
- "Where the “Outback Meets the Sea”"
- "Port Augusta Proud"
- "Port Augusta. Exciting."
- "Port Augusta - west or north"
- "Port Augusta"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Augusta
- Hotels in Port Augusta
- Restaurants in Port Augusta
- Shopping in Port Augusta
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Augusta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Augusta
- 24 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (241)
Have you been to Port Augusta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Augusta
- Posted in Travel Bodrum Forum "Re: bus from bodrum town to..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Port Augusta travel pages
- updated a Port Augusta Travel Page "PORT AUGUSTA - CROSSROADS OF AUSTRALIA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "DRIVING TIRED KILLS!"
- Wrote a Review THE FLINDERS RANGES in Port Augusta Favorites
Photos in Port AugustaSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue