"PORT MacDONNELL" Port MacDonnell by balhannah
Port MacDonnell Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 66 photos
PORT MacDONNELL IS 'AUSTRALIA'S SOUTHERN ROCK LOBSTER CAPITAL
Port MacDonnell is situated in South Australia's "Limestone Coast" approximately 28km south of Mount Gambier, and is the southernmost port in South Australia.
The traditional owners, the Bungandidj Aborigines, lived largely on the produce from the sea as do the locals.....
Here, you can buy locally caught cooked, fresh or frozen Southern Rock Lobster available to the public during the fishing season from October 1st to May 31st each year.
Port MacDonnell is good place for water sports, it offers fishing, surfing, boating, snorkeling, sailing, and for the more adventurous internationally renowned sinkholes for cave diving!
EXPLORE THE RUGGED COASTLINE OF PORT MacDONNELL
FESTIVALS & EVENTS
The "Causon Havoc Bait & Tackle Bayside Festival" is a community organised family festival normally held annually on the first Sunday in January (excluding January 1st) on the Port MacDonnell foreshore.
WHAT TO EXPECT.....
Local produce, children's rides and activities, arts and crafts, live entertainment throughout the day, Bay Fun Run, Octopus Throw, Pie Eating Competition, Yabbie Races, Vintage Car displays.
The Port MacDonnell Off Shore Angling Club hold their major Tuna & Sportsfish Competition in early May each year and also hold competitions each month, year round.
The Port MacDonnell Fishing & Outdoor Expo is held on the last Sunday in February each year.
A chance to see caravans, camping goods and outdoor furniture, recreational boats, marine equipment and fishing tackle all in the one area.
Continuing on our road trip, we are going to stop for a break at the small village of DARTMOOR.
- In a nutshell:Fantastic coastal scenery!
Dingley Dell is a pretty little cottage that once belonged to Adam Lindsay Gordon [poet]. Adam saw this stone cottage... more travel advice
At Cape Northumberland we saw some Birdlife. Lucky we had the binoculars with us, as we really needed them. The Birds... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Port MacDonnell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PORT MACDONNELL"
- "PORT MacDONNELL"
- "Port MacDonnell, Lobster Capital of Australia"
- "Rock lobster capital of Australia!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port MacDonnell
- Restaurants in Port MacDonnell
- Shopping in Port MacDonnell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port MacDonnell
- 12 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (516)
Have you been to Port MacDonnell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port MacDonnell
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues