"BEEF CAPITAL OF AUSTRALIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Rockhampton by balhannah
Rockhampton Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 152 photos
Located on the Fitzroy River, Rockhampton, with a population of 60,000 people is a great place to visit. Founded in 1855, the name "Rockhampton" was inspired by the rocks in the river.
There are quite a few Heritage listed buildings in the city. The Cirterion Hotel is said to be haunted. A small room to the right of the main entrance is where it is said a female ghost has been seen.
Its other claim to fame is that during World War 2, General Douglas Macarthur and other high ranking Officers stayed here.
Travel 633ks on the Bruce Highway from Brisbane to Rockhampton. Beaches are about 40ks away at Yepoon. Rockhampton can be reached by car, Tilt Train or Air from Brisbane.
The Tropic of Capricorn passes through the city and is marked by a monument.
I have only listed the things that we have done in Rockhampton, there is so much more to see and do here.
visit this website for more information. www.rockhamptoninfo.com
- Pros:So much to see in and around this city
- In a nutshell:More than Beef Cattle here!
A must do in Rockhampton is to either walk or drive historic Quay street, where all the Heritage listed buildings are,... more travel advice
Mount Archer rises 604 metres and is a scenic backdrop to Rockhampton city. It is located in the northern... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Rockhampton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEEF CAPITAL OF AUSTRALIA"
- "On the Tropic of Capricorn"
- "Rockhampton: Beef Capital of Australia"
- "Visiting Friends in Rocky"
- "Dinner Time"
- "Lived here once"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rockhampton
- Hotels in Rockhampton
- Transportation in Rockhampton
- Nightlife in Rockhampton
- Warnings and Dangers in Rockhampton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rockhampton
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (223)
Have you been to Rockhampton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rockhampton
Photos in RockhamptonSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Rockhampton hotel reviews
- Capricorn Resort Yeppoon
- 523 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 13, 2013
- The Edge Luxury Apartment Hotel
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Downtown Backpackers Rockhampton
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Sundowner Rockhampton
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013
- Flag Inn Centre Point
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 13, 2013
- Leichhardt Hotel Rockhampton
- 66 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Ambassador Motel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013