"GAME FISHING CAPITAL OF TASMANIA" Saint Helens by balhannah
Saint Helens Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 81 photos
The largest town on the North East coast of Tasmania.
Captain Tobias Furneaux was the first European to explore St Helens and
by the 1830s the coastal town was occupied by sealers and whalers.
The town grew rapidly in 1874 when tin was discovered in the Blue Tier
After the mines closed down, St Helens became an important fishing port
during the following years. Today, the fishing industry and tourism are the
lifeblood of this seaside town.
St Helens is approximately two-hours’ drive east of Launceston 163 kms
and 265 kms from Hobart
Also included on my St. Helens page are many beautiful waterfalls that are found nearby, and Bay of Fires....Binalong bay....Scottsdale....
Why we did the scenic route to St. Mary's and Fingal via the Elephant Pass from Bicheno, was so we could stop at the... more travel advice
St Columba Falls are the tallest falls in Tasmania The waterfall is a lovely, multi tiered falls, that plunge about 90m... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Saint Helens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St Helens and the Bay of Fires"
- "GAME FISHING CAPITAL OF TASMANIA"
- "St Helen's to Freycinet pages"
- "Stunning white beach of Bay of Fires"
- "TASMANIA..ST.HELENS..BAY OF FIRES.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Helens
- Hotels in Saint Helens
- Transportation in Saint Helens
- Restaurants in Saint Helens
- Shopping in Saint Helens
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Helens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Helens
- 12 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Saint Helens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Helens
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (257)
Latest Saint Helens hotel reviews
- The Anchor Wheel Motel
- 1 Review & Opinion