"SNOWTOWN - A SLEEPY TOWN!" Snowtown by balhannah
Snowtown Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 30 photos
The town of Snowtown is located in the Mid North of South Australia, 145 km north of Adelaide and lies on the main route between Adelaide and Perth.
In recent years, Snowtown is mostly remembered for the Snowtown murders.
When the first settlers arrived in 1867, Snowtown starting growing, first around its railway station on the Brinkworth-Wallaroo line.
Farming around here was hard, as the land was covered in dense scrub, mallee, pine, bushes, grassy plains, saltbush, with salt lakes and lagoons.
The Government only started showing interest in the settlement in1869, when it planned to establish various new towns throughout the district and to divide the land into much smaller holdings.
Leaving Snowtown, we make an unexpected stop at BRINKWORTH to see some art-work.
After having a look at this, we continue to CLARE, where we are staying for 2nights.
- In a nutshell:Not much here, but a good meal at the Pub!
I love old cemeteries, and out here, they are old! As we were driving to Brinkworth, we saw a sign pointing to a... more travel advice
Lunch-time, and where to eat. Now at Snowtown, there isn't a huge choice of places to choose from! One of them was the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Snowtown Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Snowtown
- 9 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (516)
Have you been to Snowtown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Snowtown
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues