"SPRINGBROOK & THE NATIONAL PARK" Springbrook by balhannah

Springbrook Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 119 photos

BEAUTIFUL SPRINGBROOK

Springbrook and the Springbrook National Park, lies on the Scenic Rim in the Gold Coast hindterland, a chain of mountains stretching across the Queensland-New South Wales border.

There is lots to see.....

Waterfalls, lots and lots of bushwalks, caves, gorges, glow-worms, wildlife, rainforest, ancient Trees, and wonderful lookouts. It is also the area where some of the local rivers begin their downward journey to the ocean.
It is a lovely area to come on a hot summers' day as it is so much cooler!

You need a whole day just to have a look around, this is without doing any major walks
Walks range from easy to challenging, something for everyone!

The park has three sections: Springbrook Plateau, Mt Cougal to the east and Natural Bridge to the west.

Rainfall averages 3000mm a year, mostly from December to March.
May to October are probably the best time to visit.
Weekdays are the best to visit, as it is a very popular spot for weekend visitor's.

Springbrook is about 90 minutes from Brisbane and 45 minutes from the Gold Coast.

ENTRANCE IS FREE

• Pros:Lovely scenery
  • Cons:Weather can change quickly
  • In a nutshell:A lovely area for bushwalking and sightseeing
  • Last visit to Springbrook: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Sep 30, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Looks like a beautiful NP, with waterfalls and a natural arch. I like the idea of walking behind the falls.

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Hi Dee, a beautiful page :-) Springbrook NP is another place I missed on my travels... I had booked a two day hiking trip to Lamington NP and Springbook NP, but unfortunately it was cancelled because there had been too much rain. I then only did a daytrip to Mount Tamborine and O'Reillys, which was nice but not really what I had wanted ;-) I hope that I will be able to such a hiking trip one day, I really want to see this area! The waterfalls look so beautiful on your pictures, just as I imagined it.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2011 at 12:13 AM

So beautiful! I love waterfalls!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM

This is really nice photos. I´d love to visit there.

balhannah Visits Here Frequently!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Springbrook

Have you been to Springbrook?