""BRASS MONKEY COUNTRY"" Stanthorpe by balhannah
Stanthorpe Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 99 photos
A little bit about....STANTHORPE
Stanthorpe's early history was built on tin mining, then over time the fruit industry got going, and it is now known as...............
The APPLE & GRAPE CAPITAL OF QUEENSLAND
Many of these growers were of Italian origin.
Brisbaner's love to come here for the Vineyards and the Wines on offer.
It is also a chance to experience a "proper cold Winter"........
Yes, Stanthorpe, even though in Warm, Sunny, Queensland, sometimes has snow.
There are many B&B's, that advertise log fires, just a lovely way to spend a Winters' Day.
Perhaps you have guessed by now, "BRASS MONKEY SEASON IS WINTER!
DIFFERENT STANTHORPE EXPERIENCES
There is heaps to see & do here, and its not all Wine & Apples.
There are Olive groves, Lavendar farms, Homemade Chocolates, Cheese,
Pottery, Arts & Crafts, Jams, Ciders, Gardens, Berries, Cafes to enjoy, and
don't forget the biennial Apple & Grape Festival that is held over three
days in March every alternate year, the next one will be in 2012.
It is a celebration of the Granite Belt region's produce and booming wine industry.
Arriving in Stanthorpe on our 11,500 km road trip holiday, we find we have a few National parks to visit, and also a look around Stanthorpe.
We will go to
BALD ROCK NATIONAL PARK
AND THEN ONTO
GIRRAWEEN NATIONAL PARK
Remember, if you come in Winter, rug up!
- Pros:Lots to see and do, so spend some time here.
- Cons:Gets very cold for Queensland weather!
- In a nutshell:Very interesting area with all the Granite!
The Country Style tourist park is a campground, Caravan park, has on-site vans, and Motel Units. As we had our own... more travel advice
If you are coming from Brisbane by car, you will know you are close to Stanthorpe when you see the Big Apple at... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Stanthorpe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stanthorpe is Cool!"
- "Stanthorpe...catch an autum leaf"
- ""BRASS MONKEY COUNTRY""
- "A place to visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stanthorpe
- Hotels in Stanthorpe
- Restaurants in Stanthorpe
- Shopping in Stanthorpe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stanthorpe
- 20 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (515)
Have you been to Stanthorpe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stanthorpe
Photos in StanthorpeSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues