"LAID BACK STREAKY BAY" Streaky Bay by balhannah

Streaky Bay Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 148 photos

Do you ever find a town that you love and want to return to some other time?

Streaky Bay was one of these for my husband and I.

Why, I don't know! I think it was the situation of the town, set beside a delightful sheltered bay, it was tranquil, quiet and pleasant.

Nobody in a rush here!

Streaky Bay is located on Western Eyre Peninsula in South Australia.

The small town was lovely, and there were quite a few breathtaking scenic drives we did, like to Murphy's Haystacks, to see the Seals at Point Labatt and just to explore the coastline

It really was "the" place for us to relax, unwind and sit on the beach at sunset with some "new" friends".....This is the life!

Time to leave behind beautiful Streaky Bay. WE will now head towards Port Lincoln, but will make a stop at VENUS BAY hopefully to sea pods of Dolphins.

• Pros:Lots of wonderful scenery surrounding the town
  • Cons:Very popular - Book accommodation
  • In a nutshell:A little bit of paradise by the seaside!
  • Last visit to Streaky Bay: Oct 2014
  • Intro Updated Oct 14, 2014

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2015 at 2:53 PM

What a wonderful page, love the sea lions and the Murphy's Haystacks - and the main photo :)

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Wonderful to find places like this! I love the opening photo!

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I agree! We had a wonderful time here seeing the wildlife and the different types of scenery from the beautiful cliffs and ocean to the very unusual Murphy's rocks, all was good! Thanks very much for visiting.

Oct 14, 2014 at 6:24 PM

The opening photo was taken infront of our caravan park which right on the ocean front, just lovely! Thanks for the compliment.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM

It is easy to understand that you want to return one day. The surroundings seems to be lovely!

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Thanks for visiting STreaky Bay, one of my favorites on Eyre Peninsula. Glad you enjoyed seeing the wildlife photos!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I always loved the Eyre Peninsula; almost bought a little hotel over there! Stumpy Tail looks quite strange; maybe alittle too big for my gatos to bring in, but they do get some good sized lagartias around here!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Streaky Bay

Have you been to Streaky Bay?

Latest Activity in Streaky Bay