"'CEREMONIAL MEETING PLACE' - URALLA" Uralla by balhannah
Uralla Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 40 photos
Uralla ...." Ceremonial meeting place." is often used as a stop-over point on people's travels between Sydney & Brisbane on the New England Highway.
It is situated approximately 547 klms north of Sydney and 487 klms south of Brisbane.
Captain Thunderbolt (Fred Ward) known as the gentleman bushranger is buried in Uralla's local cemetery, more information on him in my tips.
McCrossin's Mill has a display depiciting the early gold rush days, and a
Chinese Joss House, a good example of early architecture.
There a lots of lovely lacework verandahs in this town, and other points of interest, so take the time, and do the walk, I think you will enjoy it!
The Town has an interesting Heritage walk which takes in numerous architectural examples of the 1800's.
Our next town is GUYRA
- In a nutshell:Worth stopping and having a look around.
The bushranger, Fred Ward, alias Captain Thunderbolt, was known as a BUSHRANGER AND A GENTLEMAN He was killed near here... more travel advice
This scenic drive was recommended to us by the info centre. It was a drive which had many interesting stops. Sights to... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Uralla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Just at the crossroads"
- "'CEREMONIAL MEETING PLACE' - URALLA"
- "URALLA...NEW SOUTH WALES.."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Uralla
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Uralla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uralla
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: Best way to find the nice..."
- updated a Uralla Travel Page "'CEREMONIAL MEETING PLACE' - URALLA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "'CEREMONIAL MEETING PLACE' - URALLA"
- Wrote a Review BUSHRANGER - 'THUNDERBOLT' - Uralla in Uralla Things to Do
- Commented on one of iandsmith's Uralla travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue