"THE BORDER TOWN OF WALLANGARRA" Wallangarra by balhannah
Wallangarra Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 25 photos
WALLANGARRA is right on the New South Wales / Queensland border.
Wallangarra is in Queensland, and the buildings adjoining it are in the New South Wales town of "Jennings."
I wonder which side is the best to live in?
I can tell you, don't expect to find much here, even food in the middle of the day was a bit hard to find!
Wallangarra has two Hotels, a Motel, I saw a craft shop open, Information centre, Police station and a very nice park.
Some funny things can happen here.
You can celebrate New Year's Eve twice - New South Wales operates on Daylight Savings time and Queensland doesn't.
You can have one leg in Queensland and the other in New South Wales.
The Anderson Meat Packing Company would be the main employer of the town and surrounding area. Over 400 workers at the Wallanagarra plant, which is Australia's largest mutton works. The mutton produced is Halal, and most of it is exported to Arab countries.
- In a nutshell:Good stopping point for a rest and Toilet stop
From Queensland, we were travelling along the New England Highway to the small town of Wallangarra that straddles the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Wallangarra Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wallangarra
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (501)
Have you been to Wallangarra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wallangarra
Photos in WallangarraSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues